Gallery App Crashes every Time..

yammel

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

Since the Photo Gallery App Update from yesterday its impossible for me to open Photos on my 1020.

If i go into the Photo App and open an Photo, the App Crashes within 1-2 Seconds, if i stay in the Gallery and dont open an Photo the App?s behavoiur is normal.

If i open a Photo in Whatsapp or an Editing App it Works..

I have already tried a few Soft Resets but it doesnt help..any other Suggestions than a Hard Reset? ;)

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I am encountering the same exact behavior! I can open the camera app and scroll through that way, but I cannot actually open ANY photos from the gallery app. I have also restarted the phone a couple times with no results.

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 is on 10512. Now the camera app is not opening either. Soft resets are not working. I really don't want to go back to 8.1 because everything was working perfectly until the camera and photos updates yesterday!

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Running Build 10166 on a Lumia Icon (930 for those outside the US). Cant' view pics in the Photos app and Camera takes 2-3 second to open with Camera button. It opens quicker from the app, but that side button is there for a reason...

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if we could get a MS troller to address this? Maybe we have something set wrong? My phone will also not let me choose my default camera. It is set to Lumia camera, and no other choice is available.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
It's been said that you need to uninstall Lumia Camera - that would make Windows Camera your default. The two are practically the same, just a few icon changes and Windows Camera can't record 4K yet.

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Did that work for you? I uninstalled Lumia Camera and still have the same issues. Doing a soft reset now.

Wow--that REALLY didn't work. Now I can't get to my photos from within the camera app either.

Prabudh

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I read many ppl facin the same issue including me esp on Lumia 1020, someone suggested to hard reset and get fast ring update 10512 as m on older build gna try it lets see

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999