Why I'm Rolling Back to 8.1 - for now

pramodkumarca

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft is next black berry .... i have lumia 1520 and did installed W10 but end up hating so much that now i have taken a cheap andriod phone as my primery phone and preety happy with it.... W10 really sucks i understand it is in still testing but how long ? microsoft would eventually kill windows phone and bored of this build concept .... would not even come out with flag ship phone and it clearly show something is wrong ...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft is next black berry .... i have lumia 1520 and did installed W10 but end up hating so much that now i have taken a cheap andriod phone as my primery phone and preety happy with it.... W10 really sucks i understand it is in still testing but how long ? microsoft would eventually kill windows phone and bored of this build concept .... would not even come out with flag ship phone and it clearly show something is wrong ...
ROTFL. You tried to run a preview OS as a released product and when it didn't work, MS is at fault?. How do you tell people this stuff in public? Did you have trouble with keeping your fingers out of light sockets too? lol.

fekish

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I installed in the end w10, and it's no where near where I left it! Much better polished and smooth. Hopefully it will be ok as a daily mob.
But anyway I made my choice already and will go back to android. Too tired not to have a proper Sonos app, although I use Sonos 20 times a day...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I installed in the end w10, and it's no where near where I left it! Much better polished and smooth. Hopefully it will be ok as a daily mob.
But anyway I made my choice already and will go back to android. Too tired not to have a proper Sonos app, although I use Sonos 20 times a day...

It will work as a daily driver :) I just learned that a fellow ambassador has issues with "hey cortana", but other than that I haven't heard many complaints. Don't give up on WP just yet, because Astoria looks like it will cause a major stir

fekish

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully this will cone in the next couple of months. Waiting almost a year for Microsoft is a long period... Honestly Sonos app is my biggest disappointment last months. I always try to get my Android tablet when I come home... Last few hours work flawless. Only sometimes when I go in settings I freezes. But web bowser is super fast, is like using a new phone

qqp

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
well m tolerating windows 10 on pc but for mobile i cant tolerate it and can't go back to 8.1 as it feel so old, m stuck

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I've used W10 on my 1520 for about 3 months now, and I'm not in love with it. I just find too many task require more taps and touches than in 8.1. Plus the music app is unfinished, no mobile hotspot, and Bluetooth doesn't work with my band.

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I've used W10 on my 1520 for about 3 months now, and I'm not in love with it. I just find too many task require more taps and touches than in 8.1. Plus the music app is unfinished, no mobile hotspot, and Bluetooth doesn't work with my band.

I feel the same.
The "thing" about W10M seems to be that it shares more code with PC Windows than before but I do not see any huge customer benefits of this (more a less optimized, huge, partially lagging -system).

But Microsoft, please prove me wrong (Before I go out and buy the coming iPhone 6S. I'll do it because I feel betrayed by Microsoft and I will then do my best to find alternatives to Office, OneNote, etc. Microsoft has had so many chances but strangely managed to blow them all at the expense of their loyal customers. Enough is enough)!

Last edited:

Ashutosh John

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I am also using 925 build 166 , my freezes during long calls and installing app from the store is huge task , other than that i am happy with windows 10 !! I don't play games or use too many apps so its fine for me !! I think you should have hardrest the phone after installing w10

DoDeH1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the same opinion. I used W10 on my 920 for about 3 months and as good it is at the beginning as worst it gets during use (after 2, 3 weeks of using). It becomes unusable.
I rolled back to 8.1 and whoaaau. What a nice feeling.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
IDK why people are having so many problems. My apps open at alright speeds, and I rarely have to wait more than 3-4 seconds for them. Even store (which was terrible, like 10 sec wait) opens nearly instantly now. Are you on the newest build?
If I'll update OS to 10phone then will it delete my all data and games /apps like asphalt????

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Even I rolled back to 8.1 after seeing this thread. I was fed up of lags n bugs in my primary L620. THING IS I'VE SEEN WHAT WIN10 IS LIKE N I CAN WAIT FOR OFFICIAL RELEASE NOW.

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If I'll update OS to 10phone then will it delete my all data and games /apps like asphalt????

No but for better performance hard reset is recommended... But don't worry it ain't worth it... If its ur primary phone u will endure problems for few weeks but ultimately return to 8.1 like me.

Aswin Rajan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
quick qn... was the performance terrible after a hard reset.. i know its not the best builds for a daily driver..
but i was about to give up on w10 for all the same reasons.. lags.. resumes.. bugs.. battery etc etc..and this is on a 930!!
Then i thought why not try a hard reset, after all even if i goto 8.1 it'll be a hard reset. (you see i could never do a hard reset, till the current build on w10, since my work email uses MDM to auto configure, and that would not work from a clean state.. so i'd to configure it on 8.1 and then upgrade to 10).
but ever since i did a hard reset all is well.. no lags.. i get great battery life.. earlier it'd goto 40% battery by 4-5pm.. now it reaches tat stage by 9-10pm. and i am a power user, emails on push, whatsapp, telegram etc etc..

so just asking...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
quick qn... was the performance terrible after a hard reset.. i know its not the best builds for a daily driver..
but i was about to give up on w10 for all the same reasons.. lags.. resumes.. bugs.. battery etc etc..and this is on a 930!!
Then i thought why not try a hard reset, after all even if i goto 8.1 it'll be a hard reset. (you see i could never do a hard reset, till the current build on w10, since my work email uses MDM to auto configure, and that would not work from a clean state.. so i'd to configure it on 8.1 and then upgrade to 10).
but ever since i did a hard reset all is well.. no lags.. i get great battery life.. earlier it'd goto 40% battery by 4-5pm.. now it reaches tat stage by 9-10pm. and i am a power user, emails on push, whatsapp, telegram etc etc..

so just asking...

The problem is that even with a hard reset not all users are experiencing the same.. For some it's worse when compared to someone else or a different device.. We do recommend hard resetting after every update

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

so just asking...
In a word, yes. I tried it both ways. After the Rubino article about the advantages of hard resetting I tried that and it was no better. I had separate bad experiences aside from the W10 stability with apps not reinstalling properly, but aside from that W10 eventually got worse again to where I am now. I reckon if you hard reset and deleted everything you'd be good to go but once you start clogging up your phone with apps potentially not optimized for W10 you'll start to suffer. Which is why there is so much variance in user experience IMO.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I did. I think your statement "I don't play games or use too many apps so its fine for me" is key. The more you load your phone the worse it gets.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
You're wrong on several fronts and to bash and give up on a pre-release OS is churlish and impatient. This thread wasn't another "slag off W10" thread it was a positive spin on rolling back.

I have faith in W10 and like it and rather like driving and being disappointed with a new Ferrari when it's only half-sprayed with a Honda engine in it, I'd rather wait for the finished machine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb