Installed beta Win 10 on 630 - plz advice options to restore?

AaLF

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Installed beta Win 10 on 630 - plz advice options to restore

Just installed the windows insider Win10 update.

On boot it only gets as far as displaying the 3 bottom keys plus battery status & internet wifi on top bar. The rest of the screen is black.

Does that sound OK so far or else how to I go back to 8.1?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Installed beta Win 10 on 630 - plz advice options to restore

Give it a few hours or reset the phone :) Don't panic just yet.. If those options don't work or if you just don't want to waste your time, download the windows phone recovery tool. The program is fairly simple to use and it should allow you to downgrade back to 8.1..

Keep us posted :)

AaLF

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

I have connected it to the PC & the 630 shows up in the hard drives. So what do you suggest, let it simmer for a few hours or overnight & maybe the Win10 beta will appear or download the recovery tool now?

A pop up reminder just appeared. So it's alive, sort of. But the screen is black.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Any improvements so far? If the pc can detect it then you have a good shot to use the recovery tool

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com

At one point the TP didn't have status screens to let you know it was migrating data. This could be your situation, so wait an hour or so (it's been that long already) and let us know.

AaLF

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

Hours passed by & Cortana was happily going about her business reminding me about this & that, but apart from her pop ups the screen remained black. I just reverted back to 8.1. I'd like to have another try. Any tips to follow?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Hours passed by & Cortana was happily going about her business reminding me about this & that, but apart from her pop ups the screen remained black. I just reverted back to 8.1. I'd like to have another try. Any tips to follow?

My tip, Hold off :) The next build might drop this week or next week (not entirely sure) so that might improve the situation.

If you really want to give it another shot, then try the slow ring first

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Should have tried a hard reset first. It would have probably solved your problem, I remember having a similar outcome the first time I tried the preview.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Should have tried a hard reset first. It would have probably solved your problem, I remember having a similar outcome the first time I tried the preview.

He is right :) Most of the users here, always go for the hard reset after an update :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel