W10M preview builds released too slowly

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Another day without mobile build.. :/ Whats the matter? They said they are going to be serious about W10M but it doesn't look like.. All they care about is pc builds.. Even after the official release, pc builds are still given priority & are still ahead of mobile build.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Does it really matter how long it takes? It's just a build, nothing more.

I don't get the whining. Let them concentrate on getting the OS right rather than releasing builds. That's my opinion. A build is nothing more than a thing for the users to complain it would seem.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Does it really matter how long it takes? It's just a build, nothing more.

I don't get the whining. Let them concentrate on getting the OS right rather than releasing builds. That's my opinion. A build is nothing more than a thing for the users to complain it would seem.
'Let them concentrate on getting the OS right rather than releasing builds'? Then why do we have this TPP? Whats the meaning of keeping insider slow and insider fast when they both are slow as hell?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe it's just to antagonize people who have little patience. Official release is just a few weeks away and we may only get one more pre-release if that so we all wait.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
a) When was the last build released?
b) how often are we intended to get builds?
c) How far does that put them "behind schedule"?
d) How far behind schedule must one be to deserve being called "slow as hell"?

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather wait a bit more and have a few more bugfixes and more stabilization than rushing into a build that's not worth it.

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
a) When was the last build released?
b) how often are we intended to get builds?
c) How far does that put them "behind schedule"?
d) How far behind schedule must one be to deserve being called "slow as hell"?

a) Not even 1 month
b) No one knows
c) Not even behind shedule
d) Not fair to say slow as hell

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It is done when it's done. WP is not playing an important role for the company since it not gained any serious marketshare. And there is no evidence that this will change with the release of Win10 mobile. They focus on the desktop version.
Those who craving for Win10 mobile are mostly those fanboys who praise anything that MS delivers to them, no matter what and when, and like it.
So really no need for MS to rush.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
a) Not even 1 month
b) No one knows
c) Not even behind schedule
d) Not fair to say slow as hell

That wasn't your homework you did there, but you get the prize anyway! :wink:

You're right that MS didn't explicitly state their planned release cadence for phones, but if it's intended to be similar to the W10 insider preview for PC's, then MS are aiming for about one insider preview per month. Some builds will occasionally take longer.

If the latest build is not even a month old, how in the world are MS slow? You're right. They just aren't.

@AnkitGondalia
Coordinating the tasks of thousands of engineers, all of whom work on a code base which shares many components between xbox, PCs, servers, phones and IoT devices (MS must ensure that changes to xbox don't break phones etc) while ensuring that the development process leads to one build per month that can be released to a software illiterate public, is no small feat!

If you've ever worked on a project of that size and complexity you'll know it's not comparable to peeling potatoes.

Last edited:

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
That wasn't your homework you did there, but you get the prize anyway! :wink:

You're right that MS didn't explicitly state their planned release cadence for phones, but if it's intended to be similar to the W10 insider preview for PC's, then MS are aiming for about one insider preview per month. Some builds will occasionally take longer.

If the latest build is not even a month old, how in the world are MS slow? You're right. They just aren't.

@AnkitGondalia
Coordinating the tasks of thousands of engineers, all of whom work on a code base which shares many components between xbox, PCs, servers, phones and IoT devices (MS must ensure that changes to xbox don't break phones etc) while ensuring that the development process leads to one build per month that can be released to a software illiterate public, is no small feat!

If you've ever worked in a project of that size and complexity you'll know it's not comparable to peeling potatoes.

So what's my prize haha?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you've ever worked in a project of that size and complexity you'll know it's not comparable to peeling potatoes.

I think you just nailed it with that one line. Most people on this forum are probably clueless about the scale of this. They lack perception of large scale, probably world wide projects such as this one.

I've always been two minds about the TP but it was MS decision to do it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
'Let them concentrate on getting the OS right rather than releasing builds'? Then why do we have this TPP? Whats the meaning of keeping insider slow and insider fast when they both are slow as hell?

As some else has pointed out, what exactly is slow as hell? What experience do you personally have of other companies doing anything like this? At this scale?

I'll be waiting for an answer for awhile I'm sure....

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Another day without mobile build.. :/ Whats the matter? They said they are going to be serious about W10M but it doesn't look like.. All they care about is pc builds.. Even after the official release, pc builds are still given priority & are still ahead of mobile build.

I guess some of the reasons could be:

There are more than a billion computers with Windows and already more than 75 million users have upgraded to Windows 10. So the numbers are important for the PC division at MS.

On the other hand, the number of mobiles running windows are not as many. So priorities are skewed

It's not been a month yet and something will come out in the next 2 weeks or so.

They're collecting feedback which is a lot

The current build has issues for some people but not others (like me). Obviously they're trying to see where the code is going wrong

So give them time, MS is slow but they'll deliver eventually. Imagine I haven't received the denim update for my L1020 since it was released worldwide last year.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
People are just silly and impatient. They're building an entire operating system! Have patience! Microsoft doesn't have infinite resources nor employees and I don't know if you've noticed but Microsoft is predominantly software so Windows 10 Mobile is definitely not the only software product they have to work on.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
They were already releasing builds once a month. Then they announced more frequent builds after the launch of Windows 10 pc. But nothing has changed at all

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Im a but worried bcz the official release is near and the speed of delivering builds is still the same. The same wasn't with the pc when it was close to the release date.. I want W10M to smack android and iOS and dont want them to fail again..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb