Onedrive basically useless on win 10 mobile?

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
What is the point of using onedrive on windows 10 mobile? I recently tried tp10. after a hard reset almost all of my storage was used up. I checked the phone and nothing was stored on it. That's when I realized that it was Groove and one drive taking up the storage space, just as it now does on my 10 pc. So really whats the need to have onedrive on my mobile when I can just hook it to my pc and sync any files I choose? Someone please explain this to me.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
There is no "offline" onedrive for mobile(unless you choose to download a file to local storage). So, the point is to have access to, potentially, terabytes of data without using local storage... not sure how this is even a question.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
that's not what I asked at all, I saying onedrive now stores all files on your phones memory, so why have all my memory used with files I can all ready access on my pc and move and use as I please, whats the point of having cloud based drive if it uses the system memory, which phone are you using that has terabytes of memory?

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't though. I have OneDrive with over 500GB of data. And a 32GB Windows Phone. It's fairly simple to do the math there, and I still have 22 GB free on my phone.

In fact, OneDrive is using 29.03MB

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
On 8.1 mobile yes it only is about 18mb and all files are downloadable from the application, same as 8.1 PC, when I tried the new windows mobile tp10 one drive stored my 9gb that I have on it on my phone, just like the new 10 PC does, so what I don't understand is why OneDrive has changed so dramatically, I liked it when it was an online storage cloud on 8.1, now with windows 10pc and windows 10 mobile it's "syncs" the files and they are stored on my system whether its phone or PC, I just check my PC and my 9 GB I have on OneDrive are taking up that amount of room. Where as before they were on a "cloud " that stored them without taking up any system space, other then the application it self.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I think you are mistaken or have encountered some very serious bug. There's not even an option to have an offline onedrive experience on win10 mobile

Jagadeeshvanum

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
One drive on mobile doesn't sync everything to mobile. Its just placeholders. When you open a file, it asks for a location to download. OneDrive on mobile is amazing. You have encountered with a problem.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Well I do have older hardware on my Lumia 1020 so that could be a major factor, what's weird is when I updated to build 10512 I did a hard reset to regain my Lumia camera back and that's when I encountered this issue, sounds like I am the only one with thus problem so it must be my phone.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
One drive on mobile doesn't sync everything to mobile. Its just placeholders. When you open a file, it asks for a location to download. OneDrive on mobile is amazing. You have encountered with a problem.

I thought I read an article on Windows Central that place holders were removed for OneDrive on windows 10 and that the files are now stored locally on the system memory?

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I've hard reset my phone numerous times with each update and never had this problem. The only thing remote similar is showing thumb nails of my files on OneDrive. I just disable this function

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Well I do have older hardware on my Lumia 1020 so that could be a major factor, what's weird is when I updated to build 10512 I did a hard reset to regain my Lumia camera back and that's when I encountered this issue, sounds like I am the only one with thus problem so it must be my phone.

Are you sure you dont have your groove playlist sync set to "keep music offline" ?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
So to summarise this thread, OneDrive isn't useless on Windows 10 mobile, in fact it's the one place it actually works properly.......................................

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Onedrive on W10M is useful ; however, at this stage, it has great difficulties to manage more than one account. My MSA account will stay there, but an added account (work) may disappear out of the blue, specially when needed. A bit annoying but will be ironed I presume.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Onedrive on W10M is useful ; however, at this stage, it has great difficulties to manage more than one account. My MSA account will stay there, but an added account (work) may disappear out of the blue, specially when needed. A bit annoying but will be ironed I presume.

Hope you've given feedback on this.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
So to summarise this thread, OneDrive isn't useless on Windows 10 mobile, in fact it's the one place it actually works properly.......................................

Lol yeah pretty much, In the future maybe I will phrase my questions and concerns in a more appropriate manner!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3