Messaging Skype Beta available for W10M

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Downloading. Did anyone notice that there is a record button on the last screenshot.

when you download it, you get two apps, the other one is Skype Video preview, it has a nice splash screen, and a transparent livetile. :)

Update, i think there is an extension to the dialer app as well.... because my calls from skype are showing there as well.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't merge conversations like I thought it would. For example my SMS chat and my Skype chat with the same person are two different threads. Even though I linked the skype account of that person with his outlook account in People.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't merge conversations like I thought it would. For example my SMS chat and my Skype chat with the same person are two different threads. Even though I linked the skype account of that person with his outlook account in People.

Good enough for now.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded, but now I feel like I shouldn't have since this is my daily driver. I hope this doesn't screw up my calls & texts.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I had the same issue so uninstalled. Oh and I've noticed that all contacts are duplicated as Skype accounts (check in people hub, even on WP8.1 thanks to sync) ; don't try to remove one of these empty profiles, because I've lost ALL numbers for some of my contacts who were already linked to a skype account. Like my wife, brother and brother in law :/

So I've found their lost numbers, used "contacts+backup" and now, I'm waiting for the new build. Oh and I hate US date/hour format, says the Frenchman ^_^

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Installed in on my SIM-free 920 on latest build. Looks promising until I started the Video Preview, then the phone just froze up. Any ideas to help out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes