Does anyone else think that it's looking Awful?

TechnoReact-Site

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
In Windows 10 Mobile, there is a lot of wasted space in 'All Applications' list which looks Awful. But there is no one discussing about that. So is it only me who thinks that there is a lot of blank wasted space here and it's ugly?

jade-primo10.jpg

Edit- How about SIMILAR grid like approach with a difference that apps are separated alphabetically. We get better visibile flat icons then.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
They should just add that pretty yellow box you made.

Looks fine to me, much better since they added background image.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And if that space was filled up in a grid or two column, then people would complain that it's cluttered and not usable for one handed use.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Clunky search box at the top, app list shoved to the extreme left. Like the vast majority of W10M it was done better in WP.

mgerbasio

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Put the alphabet where the yellow box is located so you can just tap the letter and have it autoscroll the list on the right. Saves a tap since the space is available might as well use it.

TechnoReact-Site

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Put the alphabet where the yellow box is located so you can just tap the letter and have it autoscroll the list on the right. Saves a tap since the space is available might as well use it.

Yep, that seems to be somewhat better. I think i have seen something similar in Android's Contact App....

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Nah, no grid view or alphabet, but hide the ugly search bar DEFINITELY. It's so ugly, I can't stand it.
I'm not sure how the empty space could be filled so it's not useless, but still not too cluttered and ugly.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just because you have screen space doesn't mean that you should use every square inch of it.

I think it looks fine. The left justification is just a stylistic thing and cramming as much bells and whistles into as much screen space as we can get our hands on it will be disastrous.

Negative space!

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I like it the way it is. Very classy with the background image. You can press the whole line so it is very usable too (i.e. you do not have to reach left side of the screen to click on an app or a letter), if you didn't notice!

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I like it the way it is. Very classy with the background image. You can press the whole line so it is very usable too (i.e. you do not have to reach left side of the screen to click on an app or a letter), if you didn't notice!

Until you pointed out just now, I have never know you don't need to reach to the left side.. It works in WP8.1 too so I wasted years trying to reach the left of the screen with my short right hand thumb. So, thank you!

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Clunky search box at the top, app list shoved to the extreme left. Like the vast majority of W10M it was done better in WP.

Completely disagree.
The search box is handy, and other than smaller text (which looks and works better) it's the same as it was on Windows Phone. Oh, and except the addition of background image... yeah, it's a big improvement over Windows Phone.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
For me, the app drawer needs 2 improvements white search bar and background img for app drawer while using tile picture for start screen.. Background img for app drawer only appear while using background picture for start screen.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
In Windows 10 Mobile, there is a lot of wasted space in 'All Applications' list which looks Awful. But there is no one discussing about that. So is it only me who thinks that there is a lot of blank wasted space here and it's ugly?

View attachment 111800

It's ok to have space. I find it quick to get to an unpinned app using the alphabet shortcut.

Better than a sea of endless unordered icons which is what my iPhone used to turn into.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Nah, no grid view or alphabet, but hide the ugly search bar DEFINITELY. It's so ugly, I can't stand it.
I'm not sure how the empty space could be filled so it's not useless, but still not too cluttered and ugly.

Switching to category view would be nice. This way you can have same alphabet but each letter would have actual app icons. A toggle could be placed beside the search and make the search box smaller. I do like how if you search and app and it's not there you can click "search the store" and it will search for it in the store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans