Just bought a 640 and trying it out with Windows 10. I was wondering if there is a way to restore an 8.1 backup to from the 1520 to the new 640? I tried to find restore options under setting, but no luck. I have read reviews on restoring from the same device with a backup made before the upgrade, but nothing on a different device. Any ideas?
    09-10-2015 10:16 AM
    The backup restore is done during a hard reset. (Settings/system/about/reset your phone) Upon the initial setup, right after signing into your Microsoft account, you'll see the "retrieving backup" process where you can choose the backup you want to restore, or the option to "start fresh".

The backups are stored on Onedrive and are tied to your Microsoft account. This way, you can easily restore a backup to a new or different device.
    The backup restore is done during a hard reset. (Settings/system/about/reset your phone) Upon the initial setup, right after signing into your Microsoft account, you'll see the "retrieving backup" process where you can choose the backup you want to restore, or the option to "start fresh".

The backups are stored on Onedrive and are tied to your Microsoft account. This way, you can easily restore a backup to a new or different device.
    socalax likes this.
    09-10-2015 11:02 AM