My Win devices recovery tool says operation ended with failure; solutions?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am using windows phone 10 TP on Lumia 520.
While trying to downgrade to windows phone 8.1 using windows phone recovery tool, i am getting this message "operation ended with failure".

JoeSm

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: windows phone recovery tool says "operation ended with failre"

I am using windows phone 10 TP on Lumia 520.
While trying to downgrade to windows phone 8.1 using windows phone recovery tool, i am getting this message "operation ended with failure".

+1 here. mee too wanted to recoveer to windows 8.1 with the new Windows Device Recovery Tool but it keeps on failing.
Someone, please advice

os1019

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Had the same issue this morning try using a different USB cord and or port on the computer you are using.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

Had the same issue this morning try using a different USB cord and or port on the computer you are using.
Good suggestion! Also, make sure you're using the NOKIA RECOVERY TOOL (for older Lumia devices), not the MICROSOFT one! Both can be found here.

xyjprc

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Windows phone recovery tool says operation ended with failure How can I fix it?

Same issue for me. Been trying all different approaches including the Nokia suite with no luck; finally connected phone using the original USB cable to a *USB hub* and then to the computer, and it finally worked! Guess it might be a problem of USB driver or USB3 issue.

Solution: try using a USB hub.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro