The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-15-2015 04:42 AM
83 1234
tools
    Can you please check it the keyboard it's working now in landscape mode? In 10512 and lower I had only a black big area instead of the keyboard...
    09-13-2015 03:17 PM
    Can you please check it the keyboard it's working now in landscape mode? In 10512 and lower I had only a black big area instead of the keyboard...
    What? Something's terribly wrong! Keyboard is the only thing that has been working flawlessly or better than before for most of us.
    09-13-2015 03:31 PM
    Hey what about GIF support? Can you send a gif in text message? Currently you can receive a gif in sms you just can't send one it gets converted to jpeg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    09-13-2015 07:00 PM
    I was able to send a gif to another phone using skype messaging beta without it getting converted to jpg. Of course, any gifs you get won't move unless it's actually clicked on.
    noelito likes this.
    09-13-2015 08:29 PM

Also new options when pinning an image as a background, so you don't have to manually search for the included sample images.

Attachment 112027Attachment 112028
    Finally they listened. Everything is getting better. By November they should be good to go plus I think they are going to treat the mobile version just like the desktop/tablet version being able to add features quickly and keep evolving the OS without having to wait for some huge date.
    09-13-2015 08:39 PM
    Awesome.I never know that it is out.I am still waiting
    09-13-2015 09:32 PM
    I don't quite get it. So much functionality was stripped from the OS and what remains is so buggy. Not sure MS is going with this. This late in the game we can't keep saying it's because it's beta/preview.

I had to get a replacement phone and 8.1 feels like such a step up. :(
    There's nothing not to get - the functionalities are stripped out of the core OS and moved to the app level so they can get around the carriers for updates as well as being able to update features quicker, that is the whole point of the rewrite. That's what the people were asking for (rapid updates) and that's how they plan to give it to the people.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-13-2015 11:48 PM
    Did you notice any significant UI-design improvement?
    I expect a lot of updates after releasing RTM, daily updates and fixes
    09-14-2015 02:37 AM
    Microsoft is a joke. Everything what was working in wp7, is now broken in 10. I can't even save mp3's or mp4's through edge. Basically every website is slow, render incorrectly and crashes often.
    09-14-2015 03:02 AM
    Microsoft is a joke. Everything what was working in wp7, is now broken in 10. I can't even save mp3's or mp4's through edge. Basically every website is slow, render incorrectly and crashes often.
    10 is not finishedddddddddddddddd
    09-14-2015 04:35 AM
    Did you notice any significant UI-design improvement?
    I expect a lot of updates after releasing RTM, daily updates and fixes
    You can update apps, but to update anything in OS you have to go through the slower process with cogs. Given how they are handling logistics of installing upgrades now I am not holding my breath they want to release more than 2 updates per year.
    09-14-2015 04:45 AM
    10 is not finishedddddddddddddddd
    If they want to sell it to people in less than two months it should be.
    09-14-2015 04:47 AM
    After tried this, do you think we can install next build for daily use?
    Sent from my Ativ S with Tapatalk 2
    09-14-2015 05:33 AM
    Is the data sense back?
    09-14-2015 06:14 AM
    What? Something's terribly wrong! Keyboard is the only thing that has been working flawlessly or better than before for most of us.
    Umm, on my Lumia 640XL the keyboard won't show up in landscape - not in a single app (regardless if I did a hard reset or not). In portrait everything's fine - but in landscape there's only a black area (see screenshot attached). I already tried several layouts (DE/US/EN) and sizes (smale to large). Still the same.

I've already filed a bug report via the Insider report and there are several reports about the same issue.
    This seems to be an issues since 10166 (and probably before). I am using the Technical Preview since 10166.

Just search for "No Keyboard in Landscape mode" in this forum (sorry can't post links because I am below 10 posts)

wp_ss_20150914_0001.png
    Last edited by astuermer; 09-14-2015 at 08:12 AM.
    09-14-2015 07:53 AM
    If they want to sell it to people in less than two months it should be.
    No, they have two months to get it right.

I'm happy you do not work in my scheduling department!
    09-14-2015 07:56 AM

I don't think they announced a release date yet as stuff can and will go wrong as we've seen so 'two months' is just what people are guessing.
    09-14-2015 08:10 AM

And I am glad you don't in mine. The longer the period of a feature freeze is, the better you can test. If you allow modifications till the very end, you get what you asked for.
    09-14-2015 08:32 AM
    Let me just say this - two months or longer may be enough time to get this right. Rushing Microsoft to release a product to market that ends up being feature incomplete and buggy is not the way to go. However, if Windows is being offered as a service than we can expect regular updates?

I'd rather Microsoft get this right than to be first. Apple isn't first on everything but they manage to put it together in such a way that it is "right" for their customer base. Google relies on OEM's to put their own twist on Android, and initially that had folks wanting to get "vanilla" Android. I can tell you that early devices running Android fared better on plain Android. This was because the OS was being bastardized by the OEM's by adding too much to the already fine interface. Through the development community there were some major strides made to get the OS to feel more fluid. I still think Android could be better in that they need to optimize it for all kinds of devices. Because Apple, and only Apple, releases the iPhone they have stringent quality control. If Google was the only one to make Android handsets, I think you would see a more consistent feel across the board.

Microsoft needs to be a blend of the efforts of Google and Apple. They need to focus on a subset of devices that are true to Windows and showcase what the OS is capable of. Perhaps this is what the Lumia brand becomes, or the Surface brand gets introduced as. Let other OEM's jump on board and add their own spin, like waterproofing, specialized cameras, even specific skins, applications, etc. that are only made for those models. Maybe the Samsung models have a specific Samsung store that enables you to purchase apps written for Windows 10 or bring your Android apps over to Windows Phone. HTC could have some variant of Sense. LG could offer laser focusing on their cameras.
    09-14-2015 08:43 AM
    I got build 10512 yesterday, 10536 seems like a good build.
    09-14-2015 09:25 AM
    Umm, on my Lumia 640XL the keyboard won't show up in landscape - not in a single app (regardless if I did a hard reset or not). In portrait everything's fine - but in landscape there's only a black area (see screenshot attached). I already tried several layouts (DE/US/EN) and sizes (smale to large). Still the same.

I've already filed a bug report via the Insider report and there are several reports about the same issue.
    This seems to be an issues since 10166 (and probably before). I am using the Technical Preview since 10166.

Just search for "No Keyboard in Landscape mode" in this forum (sorry can't post links because I am below 10 posts)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20150914_0001.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	112088
    I have the same problem on the same device. Hope the next build fix it.
    09-14-2015 11:43 AM
    I have the same problem on the same device. Hope the next build fix it.
    Yup, keyboard not present in landscape. L1320 wm10.512. Also reported via feedback app. And remember to upload your diagnostics manually if you're not in wifi. < this kinda to everyone using wm10 insider preview
    09-14-2015 11:58 AM
    Ok the build is amazing and much better than all mobile build but i have no signal since i upgraded and my phone have hit the floor so i want to test my antenna to be sure if its a software issue do you have any idea how to do it
    09-14-2015 04:11 PM
    I was able to download 15036.1004 that was published just a while ago. However, I get an error right after the "preparing update" step before restarting that prevents any further installation. Not sure if this is the error that Gabe Aul mentioned prevented future builds from installing. It's at least interesting to note that they did explicitly enable an upgrade path from 1003 to 1004, which suggests to me an upgrade may be possible. Will try a little later.
    09-14-2015 05:42 PM
    This MS article states that .1003 testers will have to use the recovery tool . . .

Installing Build 10.0.10536.1004 - Microsoft Community
    ncbartschi likes this.
    09-14-2015 05:45 PM
83 1234