W10 Mobile 10536 Installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys, still trying to find out what's new in this build. It's difficult with no release notes, especially since these builds are more about bug fixes. It was updated from build 10512 on the Fast ring.

Here's a few things I have noticed so far:

• Confirmed mobile hotspot now works
  • No more delay when opening lock screen
  • No options yet for background slideshow
  • Quiet hours quick action toggle now works (no more blinking)
  • Battery life seems good, although can't yet say for certain
  • No issues overheating when upgrading and after upgrading (although never had these problems)
  • Default messaging app was removed - can use Skype messaging
  • More options when pinning a background on the start screen
  • New "zStorage" setting - crashes when clicked
  • Insider hub is back? (Can't remember if it was in previous build)
  • Can now pinch to zoom in Maps

View attachment 112034

Do people tiles have history and notification badges? I've given up on WP 10 unless that functionality returns.

I've always thought overheating was caused by there being a large number of installed apps. After an upgrade they all need to be updated.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
OP I see you're running an HTC One M8. I'm running the current build (not 10536 obviously) and I wanted to get your opinion on what you though about the previous build on this phone. My experience has been pretty stellar. Almost solid.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Can't comment on people tiles since I've never pinned contacts on the start screen. Also never had wifi randomly disconnect, perhaps might be a hardware issue if you're having it?

The current W10 build (10512) ran great on my HTC One M8. The only problem I had was a few random reboots, the phone locking itself after hitting a navigation button at the bottom, and subpar battery life. The build before 10512 had great battery life, but for some reason 10512 had terrible battery life for me. Not sure if it was the build itself or just the combination of apps I had.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I GOT AN UPDATE.

Come to find out, It was for 10512....lol I thought I was on the most current build and got excited for 10536 only to discover I apparently am on 10166 still lol.

Shame an m8 got this but no Lumia :(

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
History would be easy to tell. If you go into the people app, open up a contact and see if there is history there in the hub. In all previous version of WP you could see all calls, emails, texts, etc. by date for just that one person. It was/is a fantastic feature.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
History would be easy to tell. If you go into the people app, open up a contact and see if there is history there in the hub. In all previous version of WP you could see all calls, emails, texts, etc. by date for just that one person. It was/is a fantastic feature.

Microsoft is probably working on an app for android to add this functionality......

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Can't comment on people tiles since I've never pinned contacts on the start screen. Also never had wifi randomly disconnect, perhaps might be a hardware issue if you're having it?

The current W10 build (10512) ran great on my HTC One M8. The only problem I had was a few random reboots, the phone locking itself after hitting a navigation button at the bottom, and subpar battery life. The build before 10512 had great battery life, but for some reason 10512 had terrible battery life for me. Not sure if it was the build itself or just the combination of apps I had.

My battery has been outstanding in 10512. I did get a restart a couple times but no show stoppers. Just checking. Hey, do this, download this game Red Herring. A really fun game and its free. Let me know if it works.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Default messaging app was removed - can use Skype messaging

Great, I hope this does not kill the Pebble Notifications app (pulls texts directly from Messaging). If so, it will be a deal breaker and I will have no choice but, to roll back to 8.1

Not going to dump a $150+ watch that I use every day(that I need) to take a new W10M build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99