W10 Mobile 10536 Installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Nope, no history in contact view.

If Microsoft was going to add this back in, I'm assuming it'd be an app update.

I don't quite get it. So much functionality was stripped from the OS and what remains is so buggy. Not sure MS is going with this. This late in the game we can't keep saying it's because it's beta/preview.

I had to get a replacement phone and 8.1 feels like such a step up. :(

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I don't quite get it. So much functionality was stripped from the OS and what remains is so buggy. Not sure MS is going with this. This late in the game we can't keep saying it's because it's beta/preview.

The eternal problem with Microsoft and their mobile platform: so busy playing catchup with themselves they'll never catch up to the competition....

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site

There's an article on the main site that MS is going in two directions with their phones. Premium phones for the fans and business phones. In other words they do not think they have a chance in consumer segment. It makes their strategy to sell their services instead of their mobile phones clearer and more understandable now.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The eternal problem with Microsoft and their mobile platform: so busy playing catchup with themselves they'll never catch up to the competition....
I'm not sure I agree. I think that being outside this development process, all we have is what we can see in the software we download but none of us actually know whats on the their storyboard for this phone. We are pigs in a lot of their testing and none will be made clear until dust settles. And even then their will likely be questions.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Here's a few issues I've found with this build so far:

• Changing accent colors is buggy. This makes a situation where the accent color of the phone is different than some apps. Example pic below.
  • Some setting in Cortana's notebook can't be opened. Trying to access any of these settings actually causes a soft freeze of the phone. Letting it sit for a few seconds, they will eventually open, but Cortana is unusable until then.

Also, the only improvement I see to Edge is a new option to enable EME:

wp_ss_20150912_0010.jpgwp_ss_20150912_0009.jpgwp_ss_20150912_0011.jpg

Last edited:

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Here's a few issues I've found with this build so far:

• Changing accent colors is buggy. This makes a situation where the accent color of the phone is different than some apps. Example pic below.
  • Some setting in Cortana's notebook can't be opened. Trying to access any of these settings actually causes a soft freeze of the phone. Letting it sit for a few seconds, they will eventually open, but Cortana is unusable until then.

Also, the only improvement I see to Edge is a new option to enable EME:

View attachment 112056View attachment 112057View attachment 112058

Damn, you got Bluetooth to connect to to an Onkyo? That's quite a miracle.

I've struggled getting multiple windows phones and OSes connected to various BT receivers. Win 10 has been worse than Win 8.1.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Build 10512 worked fine connecting to the Onkyo as well. Can't comment on whether or not WP 8.1 connected to it since I got this Onkyo a few weeks ago.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Build 10512 worked fine connecting to the Onkyo as well. Can't comment on whether or not WP 8.1 connected to it since I got this Onkyo a few weeks ago.

Same here. I'm running 10512 and it connects to my car stereo, bluetooth wireless earphones, my fitbit and even my now decommissioned 6 month old 200 dollar plus tax, Microsoft (Never again in life) Band.

astuermer

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Can you please check it the keyboard it's working now in landscape mode? In 10512 and lower I had only a black big area instead of the keyboard...

Suwadith

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Can you please check it the keyboard it's working now in landscape mode? In 10512 and lower I had only a black big area instead of the keyboard...

What? Something's terribly wrong! Keyboard is the only thing that has been working flawlessly or better than before for most of us.

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey what about GIF support? Can you send a gif in text message? Currently you can receive a gif in sms you just can't send one it gets converted to jpeg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I was able to send a gif to another phone using skype messaging beta without it getting converted to jpg. Of course, any gifs you get won't move unless it's actually clicked on.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Also new options when pinning an image as a background, so you don't have to manually search for the included sample images.

View attachment 112027View attachment 112028
Finally they listened. Everything is getting better. By November they should be good to go plus I think they are going to treat the mobile version just like the desktop/tablet version being able to add features quickly and keep evolving the OS without having to wait for some huge date.

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

There's nothing not to get - the functionalities are stripped out of the core OS and moved to the app level so they can get around the carriers for updates as well as being able to update features quicker, that is the whole point of the rewrite. That's what the people were asking for (rapid updates) and that's how they plan to give it to the people.

GoWP

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Did you notice any significant UI-design improvement?
I expect a lot of updates after releasing RTM, daily updates and fixes

daemron

Banned
Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft is a joke. Everything what was working in wp7, is now broken in 10. I can't even save mp3's or mp4's through edge. Basically every website is slow, render incorrectly and crashes often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte