W10 Mobile 10536 Installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Did you notice any significant UI-design improvement?
I expect a lot of updates after releasing RTM, daily updates and fixes

You can update apps, but to update anything in OS you have to go through the slower process with cogs. Given how they are handling logistics of installing upgrades now I am not holding my breath they want to release more than 2 updates per year.

astuermer

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
What? Something's terribly wrong! Keyboard is the only thing that has been working flawlessly or better than before for most of us.

Umm, on my Lumia 640XL the keyboard won't show up in landscape - not in a single app (regardless if I did a hard reset or not). In portrait everything's fine - but in landscape there's only a black area (see screenshot attached). I already tried several layouts (DE/US/EN) and sizes (smale to large). Still the same.

I've already filed a bug report via the Insider report and there are several reports about the same issue.
This seems to be an issues since 10166 (and probably before). I am using the Technical Preview since 10166.

Just search for "No Keyboard in Landscape mode" in this forum (sorry can't post links because I am below 10 posts)

wp_ss_20150914_0001.png

Last edited:

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Let me just say this - two months or longer may be enough time to get this right. Rushing Microsoft to release a product to market that ends up being feature incomplete and buggy is not the way to go. However, if Windows is being offered as a service than we can expect regular updates?

I'd rather Microsoft get this right than to be first. Apple isn't first on everything but they manage to put it together in such a way that it is "right" for their customer base. Google relies on OEM's to put their own twist on Android, and initially that had folks wanting to get "vanilla" Android. I can tell you that early devices running Android fared better on plain Android. This was because the OS was being bastardized by the OEM's by adding too much to the already fine interface. Through the development community there were some major strides made to get the OS to feel more fluid. I still think Android could be better in that they need to optimize it for all kinds of devices. Because Apple, and only Apple, releases the iPhone they have stringent quality control. If Google was the only one to make Android handsets, I think you would see a more consistent feel across the board.

Microsoft needs to be a blend of the efforts of Google and Apple. They need to focus on a subset of devices that are true to Windows and showcase what the OS is capable of. Perhaps this is what the Lumia brand becomes, or the Surface brand gets introduced as. Let other OEM's jump on board and add their own spin, like waterproofing, specialized cameras, even specific skins, applications, etc. that are only made for those models. Maybe the Samsung models have a specific Samsung store that enables you to purchase apps written for Windows 10 or bring your Android apps over to Windows Phone. HTC could have some variant of Sense. LG could offer laser focusing on their cameras.

Rafael Gerardo

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Umm, on my Lumia 640XL the keyboard won't show up in landscape - not in a single app (regardless if I did a hard reset or not). In portrait everything's fine - but in landscape there's only a black area (see screenshot attached). I already tried several layouts (DE/US/EN) and sizes (smale to large). Still the same.

I've already filed a bug report via the Insider report and there are several reports about the same issue.
This seems to be an issues since 10166 (and probably before). I am using the Technical Preview since 10166.

Just search for "No Keyboard in Landscape mode" in this forum (sorry can't post links because I am below 10 posts)

View attachment 112088

I have the same problem on the same device. Hope the next build fix it.

daemron

Banned
Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem on the same device. Hope the next build fix it.
Yup, keyboard not present in landscape. L1320 wm10.512. Also reported via feedback app. And remember to upload your diagnostics manually if you're not in wifi. < this kinda to everyone using wm10 insider preview

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Ok the build is amazing and much better than all mobile build but i have no signal since i upgraded and my phone have hit the floor so i want to test my antenna to be sure if its a software issue do you have any idea how to do it

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I was able to download 15036.1004 that was published just a while ago. However, I get an error right after the "preparing update" step before restarting that prevents any further installation. Not sure if this is the error that Gabe Aul mentioned prevented future builds from installing. It's at least interesting to note that they did explicitly enable an upgrade path from 1003 to 1004, which suggests to me an upgrade may be possible. Will try a little later.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, excellent find, that error is exactly the error code I'm getting. Will stick to 1003 until the next build, can't really justify flashing back now for 1004 when the only thing that was fixed was the update bug.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, excellent find, that error is exactly the error code I'm getting. Will stick to 1003 until the next build, can't really justify flashing back now for 1004 when the only thing that was fixed was the update bug.

A good call. There couldn't have been too many alterations in a few days time.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
And I am glad you don't in mine. The longer the period of a feature freeze is, the better you can test. If you allow modifications till the very end, you get what you asked for.

This proves you do not know what is going on.

Features have been frozen for a long time and no modifications are taking place.

davidd13

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok read the newer article and this is normal
Updates are available.
Says you have to do both and then update again to:
or do a hard reset for direct upgrade

Downloading 21%

Is there anyway to cancel an update and try to recheck?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss