W10M PREVIEW 10536 LEAKED....Is W10M feature complete.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MINI A S

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
hey friends i am a big windows fan...a new W10M preview build 10536 is mistakenly leaked online ...Its stable...faster ...many bugs are cleared....But...no new features are added..where the os is going..if they are releasing the os without any new features whats the significance of such a os. I have already challenged my friends that we will rock with w10m..but i am disappointed..there is no huge additions...then why didnt they release these small additions as updates like denim..amber..why do they call it w10m...? They released w10pc os within the time..but it has a lot of bugs..problems..if they are going to release the mobile os with in five or six weeks it won't gain much attention...need new features..need great changes..w10m must catch the android eyes

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Alot of new features will come as app updates. Hopefully, they have a new patch of app updates waiting to be released next week.

But yah, it is already known that the OS itself is almost at lockdown mode.

Edit: Are you saying that there are no new features coming from 8.1? I think there are: Universal API is the biggest for me, Cortana improvements, notification center improvements (reply there, clear each notification separately), action center with more actions continuum, all the redesigned main apps (they still need work on this), skype/messaging integration, background implementation, setting app, windows hello (new phones), porting capabilities of ios and android apps. These are the top of my head.

The innovative features would be the universal apps, continuum and windows hello.

The good news is that virtually every tile on the phone can be updated from the store now.

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
According to a blog post by Gabe Aul, W10M is currently going through a stabilization phase, but it is not yet feature complete. The team will focus on features again at the very end, which I'm guessing refers primarily to some of the lower level apps which will be updated through the store after the OS is RTM'd.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Even after it RTM, I am guessing that you will see app updates (including core apps such as messaging) for most of the system the first time you run a purchased device. This is how it was with the desktop version.

This will give them a few weeks between RTM and device release for updating the phone.

sai swaroop patro

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
According to a blog post by Gabe Aul, W10M is currently going through a stabilization phase, but it is not yet feature complete. The team will focus on features again at the very end, which I'm guessing refers primarily to some of the lower level apps which will be updated through the store after the OS is RTM'd.

But someone from Microsoft probably Joe Belfiore said that windows 10 for phones is feature complete

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
But someone from Microsoft probably Joe Belfiore said that windows 10 for phones is feature complete

Joe belfiore said the OS is significantly feature complete. They can still add a few things at the end. The apps themselves can all update with new features anytime.
61f6a90dc49f45c354f850d800f18c15.png

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Like windows 10 for desktop, they will constantly be adding new features like the new update we will see in November for windows 10 desktop. Don't think just because its feature complete that this is the end.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

That's not what Belfiore actually said. This was the headline:

Microsoft execs say Windows 10 Mobile 'is significantly feature complete', hints at Surface Phone | Windows Central

Being "significantly feature complete" is not the same as being "feature complete".

Within the article Belfiore is quoted as follows:

We'll put features in right up near the end. But in general, the broad feature set is set.

Putting "features in right up near the end" means W10M isn't feature complete now!

Anyway, starting with W10M the whole concept of being feature complete is pretty much outdated, so even Belfiore saying W10M is feature complete doesn't mean what most people think it does.

Ask someone to describe what parts of W10M remain after removing ALL the apps (mail, groove, photos, contacts, dialer, etc). Most will have very little to tell you. That part which remains is the actual OS however! Starting with W10M, that part is the only part that need be feature complete when MS releases W10M to OEMs. The 1st party apps however, which is normally all consumers care about, needn't be feature complete, as practically all of them are now distributed through the store rather than being bundled with the OS.

From here on out, almost all those apps will be updated continually, and you can bet your bottom dollar the first such update will arrive mere days after W10M is RTM'd. Given this reality, what does it mean to consumers for the OS to be "feature complete". I think pretty much nothing...

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Iam expecting huge from wm10... Iam using lumia 1020 since more than 2 years now....looking for lumia 1030..hope microsoft releases that soon...my 2nd fone is lg g4....
Using wm 10 tp on lumia 535...soo far its good....thou we need lot of aaps improvements to android quality...
Even thou we have same apps but there is huge diffin the functions and quality

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what you actually want them to add. People like to complain things are missing, but many are complaining about it without really explaining. Remember that some of the new things (Continuum, Hello, LED notifications) require new hardware, so they simply CAN'T put those things into a mobile build on a device without the parts.

Granted, I do worry about things like artist-specific song views in Groove Music, because I used the feature a lot. I have other complaints, but they're going to fall on deaf ears, at this point (like being able to split my e-mail up as separate apps, rather than lumping it all into a cluttered Outlook app). However, from a feature standpoint, all I can say I consider missing is Astoria and Islandwood, and we KNOW those aren't ready, so complaining about them doesn't change much.

Beyond that, I wish the 950 got the stylus support the XL will allegedly have, but that's it. I can't say your complaint resonates with me when it's just "I want stuff," but no mention of that stuff itself.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what you actually want them to add. People like to complain things are missing, but many are complaining about it without really explaining. Remember that some of the new things (Continuum, Hello, LED notifications) require new hardware, so they simply CAN'T put those things into a mobile build on a device without the parts.

What are people not explaining? Things existed in prior versions that don't exist now. Big ones for me are

Contact history - gone
Contact level notifications - gone
Bi-directional Bluetooth audio - gone
Ability to select photos by folder - gone
3D driving mode in map app - gone (outside of active route)
Proper dark theme support where it had existed - gone
UI optimized for using on a phone - gone (but that's just opinion)

Other things like a functioning Hey Crotona and glance screen I hope are just bugs at this point.

Please prove me wrong on any of that and I will be very happy.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

If this is what i think it is, the thing that your phone now won't play youtube or any online video sound on bluetooth, that i think is just a bug and must get fixed.

New things are coming or being updated, but it will take some time, we shouldn't be that dissapointed with current preview builds, they are just previews. Lets just wait and see. I am still optimistic that WP10 will rule one day :D

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
.......... (like being able to split my e-mail up as separate apps, rather than lumping it all into a cluttered Outlook app). ..........

This is interesting. I've read about people wanting to have a combined inbox for all email accounts and others like you and me who want a completely separate mailbox for each account :smile:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What are people not explaining? Things existed in prior versions that don't exist now. Big ones for me are

Contact history - gone
Contact level notifications - gone
Ability to select photos by folder - gone
3D driving mode in map app - gone (outside of active route)
Proper dark theme support where it had existed - gone
UI optimized for using on a phone - gone (but that's just opinion)

Other things like a functioning Hey Crotona and glance screen I hope are just bugs at this point.

Please prove me wrong on any of that and I will be very happy.

I don't even know where most of that stuff was to KNOW it's gone. What contact history is gone? What notifications are gone? I know nothing about Bluetooth audio, never touched Bluetooth on my phone once. I never use folders for my photos on my phone, so I can't say what is or isn't there. I haven't needed mapping in 3.5 months, so I've not touched it on W10M, but I can at least say that even if some kind of 3D nav is gone, we've been given Streetside, so it's not like things are taken without trade-off additions at all. IDK what's wrong with your dark theme support--are you sure your issue isn't that some apps aren't updated for W10M, so they're not working properly (that's my experience with Engadget's app right now)? The UI stuff is kind of an opinionated lie, as while I agree that it's inferior, to say it's now not optimized for a phone implies it's optimized for something else, which is ignorant.

I've got no interest in Cortana either, never used it once in my life, so IDK what is or isn't there. Glance is clearly a bugged matter, it'll have to get improved (the issue then lies in getting carriers to push it to legacy devices).

My post was aimed at the OP, though. Many people on this site start a thread like this, where people are just like "it's bad, it's worse, where's the stuff?" However, they're mostly like the OP, where it's crapping dismay with no substance. The OP claims no new features, but the OP doesn't name any desired features. What good is feedback that offers no explanation?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting. I've read about people wanting to have a combined inbox for all email accounts and others like you and me who want a completely separate mailbox for each account :smile:

Yeah, I don't know why the heck you'd want to go check your e-mail and have it thrown in a pot of confusion. I have different mail boxes for things of different priority. I don't want to go check my school e-mail, but have it cluttered by a bunch of personal stuff and pseudo-spam I prefer to deal with when I'm on my desktop. It's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo