W10M PREVIEW 10536 LEAKED....Is W10M feature complete.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
NOBODY outside of Redmond has any idea which features will be built into this release of Windows 10 for Mobile and which features will not. Nor does anyone have any idea what is on the storyboard Microsoft developers are working with as we continue to TEST different builds for them in this TP program.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
They're likely focusing on rock-solid core functionality now. Introducing new features shouldn't be a priority now when there are crucial outstanding issues. I'd actually like to not see any new features introduced (outside of the insider builds of course). Shore up the foundation before adding to it.

dubor99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
They're likely focusing on rock-solid core functionality now. Introducing new features shouldn't be a priority now when there are crucial outstanding issues. I'd actually like to not see any new features introduced (outside of the insider builds of course). Shore up the foundation before adding to it.

At least one new thing to keep us excited about like aero glass notification centre

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't even know where most of that stuff was to KNOW it's gone. What contact history is gone? What notifications are gone? I know nothing about Bluetooth audio, never touched Bluetooth on my phone once. I never use folders for my photos on my phone, so I can't say what is or isn't there. I haven't needed mapping in 3.5 months, so I've not touched it on W10M, but I can at least say that even if some kind of 3D nav is gone, we've been given Streetside, so it's not like things are taken without trade-off additions at all. IDK what's wrong with your dark theme support--are you sure your issue isn't that some apps aren't updated for W10M, so they're not working properly (that's my experience with Engadget's app right now)? The UI stuff is kind of an opinionated lie, as while I agree that it's inferior, to say it's now not optimized for a phone implies it's optimized for something else, which is ignorant.

I've got no interest in Cortana either, never used it once in my life, so IDK what is or isn't there. Glance is clearly a bugged matter, it'll have to get improved (the issue then lies in getting carriers to push it to legacy devices).

My post was aimed at the OP, though. Many people on this site start a thread like this, where people are just like "it's bad, it's worse, where's the stuff?" However, they're mostly like the OP, where it's crapping dismay with no substance. The OP claims no new features, but the OP doesn't name any desired features. What good is feedback that offers no explanation?

Count yourself lucky if you didn't use any of that stuff because it really sucks when they were some of your favorite features of the OS. :( There are things I didn't use that other people have lost as well so they are not as much in my mind as well. But whether or not some people use them or not this stuff adds up and starts burning a large number of users.

History grouped all communications to any one person and listed them by date phone calls, voice mail, SMS, each email account, etc. So the way you communicated was not important but who you communicated with was what was important.

The people app used to support notifications for individuals. Whether it be an email, voice mail, text, missed call, etc. You could pin your boss, kids, significant other and get notification and history for just those select people. It was a wonderful feature. Now none of it exists. It was all replaced by round photos that roll around. I get really ticked off when I see all that was stripped out and that photo just rolling around like some stupid ball. Functionality before fluff!

Some of the early builds of W10 mobile contained the legacy people app. It fit in the new OS so nicely too. :'(

Dark theme support was done consistently win WP 8.1. Cortana was done perfectly. Now in WP 10 and Windows 10 desktop her results are always in a white background box and look very disjointed. However, it looks like the new Skype may actually be supporting themes correctly.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Count yourself lucky if you didn't use any of that stuff because it really sucks when they were some of your favorite features of the OS. :( There are things I didn't use that other people have lost as well so they are not as much in my mind as well. But whether or not some people use them or not this stuff adds up and starts burning a large number of users.

History grouped all communications to any one person and listed them by date phone calls, voice mail, SMS, each email account, etc. So the way you communicated was not important but who you communicated with was what was important.

The people app used to support notifications for individuals. Whether it be an email, voice mail, text, missed call, etc. You could pin your boss, kids, significant other and get notification and history for just those select people. It was a wonderful feature. Now none of it exists. It was all replaced by round photos that roll around. I get really ticked off when I see all that was stripped out and that photo just rolling around like some stupid ball. Functionality before fluff!

Some of the early builds of W10 mobile contained the legacy people app. It fit in the new OS so nicely too. :'(

Dark theme support was done consistently win WP 8.1. Cortana was done perfectly. Now in WP 10 and Windows 10 desktop her results are always in a white background box and look very disjointed. However, it looks like the new Skype may actually be supporting themes correctly.

Cheer up man. I'm sure they will add the history back in for the user. I mean take the groups feature into consideration. If you create a group and pin it you just get a blank tile. My guess is eventually the tile will update with different information based on what is happening within the group. There's a lot of work to go. The history for the user just makes sense and since the app is being written bottom up, I'm sure they just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Remember that a lot of this stuff is being coded by different groups. One feature may rely on specific code implementation by another group. We should just enjoy the process and give feedback to microsoft as much as possible.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The way people harp on about this aero notification center. lol.
But ya.. We need features.. Not visual upgrade.

• I can't close all apps with one button? Like is it so difficult to add a "close all" button on the multitasking screen????
  • Restart phone? If I want to restart my phone I need to manually power it off then power it back on? Why can't it be like android where u press the power button have you have options to power off/restart etc?
  • Notifications for email subfolders ?? - Blackberry did this way back when. Why can't I get a notification for an email that arrives in a sub folder??
  • Offline One drive??
  • Performance improvements!
  • Default apps
  • Default folders
  • Interactive live tiles
  • Split screen.
  • Background downloads
  • Download manager
  • I really like how in android apps that are downloading from the store show up in the action center with a % bar. Screenshots also show up, making it easy to share
  • Not sure if this is fixed (don't have a sim for my 530 on windows 10) but in 8.1 you could not view call duration when looking at call history screen. Call history screen never even went back that anyway....
  • Charing my phone while it is off

And... My biggest gripe.. I don't know what the name of the technology is or how it works.. But for example, on other os, when you go to say, twitter.com... The twitter app opens up.. If you go on facebook.com, the facebook app opens... I would really love that as well on Windows Phone

These are what I can think of off the of my head. But there are so many little things can Microsoft can add to the OS to polish it and bring it up to par.

People need to wake up and stop getting obsessed by this visual upgrade. Oh. Look! New animation! Oh Look! Picture behind live tiles....

We need REAL features people!

Last edited by a moderator:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
It has been made sufficiently clear that W10M is, as of this writing, not yet feature complete, although it is for the most part (whatever that means). See the first page for details. As such the question raised by the OP has been answered.

If you want to share your list of features that you're hoping will make it into W10M, then this is the thread for you:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...review/287158-windows-10-phones-wishlist.html

Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6