Why don't I have any audio while I am recording videos - W10 TP?

rajthampi

May 4, 2014
Visit site
No audio while video recorded - W10 TP

Hi guys

I've two lumia phones running latest TP. I ain't sure what's wrong with my lumia 920. Although microphone works perfectly over a call, while videos are recorded there is no audio recorded.
Does the unit use different microphones for calls and audio recording? I tried voice recording as well, which also fails to register the voice. Please suggest.

regards,

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: No audio while video recorded - W10 TP

Thread has been moved to a more appropriate forum. The device is indeed the Lumia 920 (previous forum location) but the problem seems to be caused by the Technical Preview being installed.

rajthampi

May 4, 2014
Visit site

@gpobernardo
I don't think so. I rolled back to 8.1, yet the issues were persisting. Hence I opted to post the query with Lumia 920 section itself. Anyway, as far I could a lead anywhere else, it would be fine!
regards,

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Several users have reported having features permanently broken after installing Windows 10 TP, even after rolling back to 8.1. So a certain feature may have been working in Windows Phone 8.1, but then it gets broken in Windows 10 TP and finally remains broken back in Windows Phone 8.1.

rajthampi

May 4, 2014
Visit site

Oops, that sounds kinda worrisome. Hope MS brings a kind of fix for it sooner. Thanks for the update @gpobernardo

regards,

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

This is a well known issue that seemingly MS doesn't seem to know about. Its been happening since the denim update. As impossible as it seems, it seems like the update actually breaks the hardware. The fix? Get it replaced via your carrier or MS.
Google "cortana cant hear me" or "mic no longer works lumia" and im sure youll find some evidence of this.

rajthampi

May 4, 2014
Visit site

@robbie
Interesting, actually the most perplexing part for me is, the recording mechanism just don't work with Camera and voice recorder. Other hand the calls go through without any problems. Well, both my devices are more than 2 years old and I don't think I will ever able to get them replaced (or repaired)
Thanks for your input.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
@raj you have two mics. One for calls the other for video/voice/cortana. Its fairly easy to repair yourself as you're out of warranty. It would call for opening your phone, checking the mic version and purchasing the OTHER version to what you have. Inbox me if you need more info

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett