Next Preview Available (10.0.10536.1004)

Danny Machado

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Guys, you have to be patient, it's a process that takes time.
He stands at 0% but after a short time begins to work.
The lumia had stopped 30 minutes to 40 minutes. Lumia 620

Adolf Kleinhans

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
If they add Insider option to the Recovery Tool, it would be really great, downloading / updating will be lot easier and convenient.

I second this!! I just reverted to 8.1 and did the update that way (Figured it would be alot faster than doing - basically - three updates via the phone) and the 8.1 revert was blazing fast. Why cant we just flash insider builds the same way? Faster, more secure and no need for a hard reset as it wold be a clean flash.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
My 920 get error 800705B4
Seems my phone not fast enough and make it timeout....
Are you updating from WP8.1 or WM10TP?
I always have issues updating from WM10TP on my Lumia 625 and the only solution is to go back to 8.1 and then update.
This way always works fine for me.

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Are you updating from WP8.1 or WM10TP?
I always have issues updating from WM10TP on my Lumia 625 and the only solution is to go back to 8.1 and then update.
This way always works fine for me.
Yes, I update from WM10TP 10512.
Last time is fine...Let me wait and see any solution on this.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I second this!! I just reverted to 8.1 and did the update that way (Figured it would be alot faster than doing - basically - three updates via the phone) and the 8.1 revert was blazing fast. Why cant we just flash insider builds the same way? Faster, more secure and no need for a hard reset as it wold be a clean flash.
They have this huge test sample of phones being upgraded, of course they want to test it all, OS itself and the process, too. They could have the WPRT extended to check if the phone is eligible to have the W10M installed and flash the alternative image, but then nobody would do OTA upgrade. It's not about our convenience.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Had to reset as mine had trouble. Start screen showed "loading" and it never did before. Some apps would send me to store for updates but updates would fail and couldn't uninstall them. The resuming still showed but it would disappear quite quick. So that's a plus. We will see after reset. I am doing the restore because I put some time into my start screen. *fingers crossed*

Adolf Kleinhans

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
They have this huge test sample of phones being upgraded, of course they want to test it all, OS itself and the process, too. They could have the WPRT extended to check if the phone is eligible to have the W10M installed and flash the alternative image, but then nobody would do OTA upgrade.

Aaaaah dint think of the OTA testing, your are indeed correct. Still, would be nice. Many of us really don't want to be struggling with this, I would think there would still be enough doing OTA updates either way.

If you read the article from the 2nd post in this thread, and still don't understand, computing is not your thing......

Also... Thanks to M7H for being so passive aggressive and making a totally useless and uncalled for comment. It is indeed what these forums need more of... right....?

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
So, I wanted more drama after all. I reset back to 8.1, set up a few things, a download and upgrade to the latest W10M took about 50 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)