My HTC 8x finally got 10536 update (and its terrible)

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
This is what microsoft gets for letting anyone get into a beta program.

They should have put a check on supported phones, not just hope that people are clever eneoguh not to update, there will be always someone that will fu*k up :( sorry for you guys!

DarwinPurol

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
It might be on the list, yeah users fault but I believe not all insiders noticed the info, and also at least phone like this as to be restrict to get an update if its not on the list.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
This is what microsoft gets for letting anyone get into a beta program.

They should have put a check on supported phones, not just hope that people are clever eneoguh not to update, there will be always someone that will fu*k up :( sorry for you guys!
Microsoft didn't purposely send the update to the 8X. It was leaked (a bug) as they've said already, while warning owners of the 8X NOT to install the updates.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft didn't purposely send the update to the 8X. It was leaked (a bug) as they've said already, while warning owners of the 8X NOT to install the updates.

What I'm saying is that anyway the should have the check in the update process too so even if a phone receives the package it will stop installing.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately those who had earlier ran the Insider app got the update automatically...

Let's hope they release a firmware update tool to revert to original firmware promptly.

Kevin Kerselaers

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Solution!

Worked for me!

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/htc-8x-windows-10-update/eaf93e76-9efd-4f96-9d91-e0db9dc3c808?page=15

The last post of that page :)

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
What I'm saying is that anyway the should have the check in the update process too so even if a phone receives the package it will stop installing.
If Microsoft had been aware of the issue and had been able to put in a patch to warn unsupported devices and stop them from installing the build, don't you think they could've just...prevented the release of that build from those unsupported devices?

Blackwing212

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
As of now Im flashing my HTC 8X using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool.
It downloaded a file 634.72 MB capture.jpg
Just could not have W10 buggy on my main device. It seemed strange out of the blues to receive a notification that it was already available, should have checked prior to installing it.
okok.jpg

Rebooting now and it seems W10 is gone after flashing :)
wp_ss_20150916_0001.png

Last edited:

Blackwing212

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
How did you do that with that tool? It always say that package cannot be found on the server.

I tried connecting my htc in flash mode (barcodes) after installing latest HTC active sync and it finally read my device. The same screen that WPR tool asks for you to put your device in BTLDR mode ends up recognizing the device and searches repository for software.

Blackwing212

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Steps to downgrade HTC 8X from W10

FIRST CHARGE YOUR DEVICE TO AT LEAST 25% CAPACITY, FULLY CHARGED BATTERY IS NOT NEEDED.

Power on device and immediately once it vibrates press AND hold VOL+ AND VOL- keys simultaneously until you see the white screen with the barcodes (flash mode)

Connect device to pc using micro usb to usb cable.

Wait for Windows to finish installing the USB BLDR that installs as HTC Active Sync.

Run Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Select Phone Manufacturer HTC -

Wait while WPRT searches repositories for available firmware.

Select the desired file and follow on screen directions.

I just tried it once again and the firmware is still available.
result.jpg

Last edited:

Blackwing212

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Just tried once again connecting my HTC 8X on bootloader (flash mode) and after windows recognizes it as a USB BLDR it finished installing the drivers and it shows as HTC Active Sync , then just proceed to open WPRT and even if it says Not found when clicking on HTC it automatically detects the device and searches the repository for available firmware, in my case with the following result:
result.jpg

1-Make sure you connect your device while the barcode white screen (flash mode) is selected otherwise it won?t work.
(Press power and once it vibrates immediately press AND hold VOL+ and VOL - keys simultaneously till you see the white barcode screen)
2-Plug device to PC
(Wait for Windows Update to install necessary drivers).

3-Run Windows Phone Recovery Tool

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire