New WP on 1520

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That's what some people believed. I was waiting to try the beta to see if it fixed, and if it didn't, try that heat gun trick. People are terrible reporters of anecdotal behavior, so I really wasn't sure if the consensus wisdom was correct. All I can say is that I've had the phone upgraded for two days, and so far, it hasn't happened once, whereas I guarantee it would have happened in this amount of time before.

Diego Ceccacci

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
That's what some people believed. I was waiting to try the beta to see if it fixed, and if it didn't, try that heat gun trick. People are terrible reporters of anecdotal behavior, so I really wasn't sure if the consensus wisdom was correct. All I can say is that I've had the phone upgraded for two days, and so far, it hasn't happened once, whereas I guarantee it would have happened in this amount of time before.

You had even the tap/scroll issue?

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe I had the tap scroll issue. The problem I was experiencing was two-fold: 1) The phone would stop registering input, and 2) I'd sometimes get a bunch of phantom taps, often launching Cortana. It has gotten progressively worse, and was awful over the last weekend.

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I ran into the phantom tap issue again, though only twice since I've started. Both times the usual solution (hit power, hit power again) fixed it, and I went days without hitting it again. Way, way better than what I had, and scarcely worth commenting on as long as it doesn't become more frequent. I'll report back if it does.

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have an employee who also has a 1520 (the ATT domestic version) and he had the scrolling/tap issue. He went to 10 yesterday, and so far it's been much better for him.

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I went out today and took a lot of pictures in landscape mode, and ran into more of the phantom touch. It still seems consistently better than it was before I got the update (say, 70% better), but it's clearly not fixed by the beta.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes