People app in 10536?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't have 10536 installed yet but I'm wondering if the following have made it back?

• Notifications to pinned contacts
  • History hub in people app

Saw a report they made pinned contacts dance around. Which I guess is where the priority really is.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I've got 10536 installed and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue. But under What's New pivot, only Twitter is showing up as available source although I have Facebook installed and sync was successful. I can go to an individual contact and see the Facebook feed, just not under What's New. Anyone else having this issue?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It has been a while for me but that sounds about what I remember. LinkedIn syncing wasn't working last time I checked either.

With the round circles, lack of history hub and broken LinkedIn sync the new people app feels so childish. It used to be a good business tool. I figure the LinkedIn sync will work at some point. I don't have hope for the other stuff but I would love to be wrong.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and toggled the "Connect with phone" in Facebook app and now Facebook posts are more available on the what's new pivot out the people app. That may fix your issue.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Still looking to see if notifications have been added back to people. I'll make the jump back to WP10 if they have been put back. Can anyone confirm if they are working or not?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Curiosity got me and installed the latest build. The people app is so friggin terrible! It gets worse with every build. It just keeps getting more childish. It was functional beauty in WP 8.1.

I do software architecture and development management for a living and I'm completely dumbfounded by what they have done.

Can anyone point out what has been improved in the new people app? Just one thing? Please someone point out the greatness that I'm missing. Round photos that dance and jiggle around don't count as an improvement.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Still looking for someone to point out what has been improved as far as People/contact management goes in WP10. I'm curious myself as all I can see is extreme loss through neutering.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been speculating as to why all this functionality has been removed from the system. Perhaps because it would require extra support for developers to hook into an AP for notifications and history. Therefore they decided to just offer a consistently watered down experience instead.

Anyway, WP8.1 is feeling so much better. I appreciate it even more after running WP10. If my boss or children message, email or call me I know right away and I don't have to manage notifications from several different apps. That is people centric design, not some stupid circle.

I fear WP10 is becoming an app launcher.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720