Getting error 0x800705b4 while trying to install build 10536 on L520! What should I do?

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Got the same error on 620. Reset the phone. No change.
Reverted back to 8.1 (8.10.14219)
Then updated to 10. Directly to build 10536.1004.
Completed in less than 45 minutes.

** Still have the messaging app. no skype message beta app

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, I have update on this issue.
Today I tried to update it in office.
I tried 3 times, first two times negative, the 3rd time I try to keep the screen on at prepare to install ...6%, and suddenly it become 50%.
Then update in progress...Let's wait and see I can update to .1004 finally...

Adrien Saint

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Getting error 0x800705b4 while trying to install build 10536 on L520!

Same on my 830. If no solution is fine in the next days I think tiling back again will be my next move.....

Mohan Octane

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Same prob here .. Having L 520 what's the work around apart from updating directly from Wp 8.1???

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Mohan Octane

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Nope this did not work for me tried like that several times...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Subhankar Jana

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

hey I am already Reset my phone but me to it didn't work.............
Only one path I can try that will be the last chance rollback to 8.1 then try it....

Marais van Zyl

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
It took me about 5 or 6 times to get it succeeding, but I got it to succeed now.

I eventually realised that every time my screen locks and the timeout happens. So, I tried to keep my screen active but that didn't work. Then now with the last try, I set my phone to never switch the screen off. That eventually resulted after about 2 hours of download and also preparing to install, it told me that it's ready to install and asked for the restart.

So, maybe keep your screen active and have loads of patience!

Btw, I am using a 920.

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It took me about 5 or 6 times to get it succeeding, but I got it to succeed now.

I eventually realised that every time my screen locks and the timeout happens. So, I tried to keep my screen active but that didn't work. Then now with the last try, I set my phone to never switch the screen off. That eventually resulted after about 2 hours of download and also preparing to install, it told me that it's ready to install and asked for the restart.

So, maybe keep your screen active and have loads of patience!

Btw, I am using a 920.
I agree with you, keep the screen on seems have higher chance to make it success

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same problem with my 620. Flashing back to 8.1 and updating to the preview fixed it for me.

One thing weird is when I connected it to the recovery tool, it got me the 8.1 w/ Denim but then it says welcome to Cyan after I installed the W10M preview.

Marais van Zyl

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so that did not end well! It eventually downloaded the updates. First update installed then the phone restarted and started with the second update. After a few seconds the screen was filled with the sad face smiley and now my phone is in the endless loop!

I'm trying to use the Windows Phone Recovery tool, but that won't pick the phone up, so I am stuffed it seems.

Oh well, that sucks!

I am however very disappointed in this preview so far. At this point in time, I was expecting something along the same quality lines as we got with the WP8 developer previews. With the quality of the current builds and the problems everyone has got upgrading, I simply cannot see how Microsoft would be able to go RTM with Windows 10 Mobile about a month's time...

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so that did not end well! It eventually downloaded the updates. First update installed then the phone restarted and started with the second update. After a few seconds the screen was filled with the sad face smiley and now my phone is in the endless loop!

I'm trying to use the Windows Phone Recovery tool, but that won't pick the phone up, so I am stuffed it seems.

Oh well, that sucks!

I am however very disappointed in this preview so far. At this point in time, I was expecting something along the same quality lines as we got with the WP8 developer previews. With the quality of the current builds and the problems everyone has got upgrading, I simply cannot see how Microsoft would be able to go RTM with Windows 10 Mobile about a month's time...
They are a little bit difference
The WP8 Developer Preview is a way to bypass operators.
Where Insider Build is really a beta.

oscartoledo05

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Same prob on my 920. I'll try tomorrow to download the update with the screen always on. If nothing happens, I'll go back to 8.1 and then install w10 again.

IFLYME

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 930. was in slow ring, switched to fast ring. have 10166 installed. lists three updates in the following order: 514, 536, 512. Downloads go pretty quick. Install fails with the same 0x800705b4 error. 5 times now. decided to try the WPRT - it finds my phone but after 30 mintues, it still says "Reading Phone Information. Please Wait." I tried soft resetting my phone with WPRT on to no avail. I also restarted my computer and my phone and that now it still says it's reading phone info for 40 minutes, now. My phone seems perfectly content. everything works. I switched it to airplane mode and that didn't help, either.
any one have any suggestions?
thanks!

UPDATE: I kept the phone connected to my computer, opened Device mngr and uninstalled it from the USB devices at the bottom of the list. unplugged phone, plugged it back into my computer, and the WPRT found it immediately. the update download is almost complete again, so I'm gonna give the update one more shot with the screen staying on the whole time. Will revert back to WP8.1 tomorrow if no joy. Stay tuned for an update.

UPDATE 2:
Reverted back to 8.1. Installed Insiders and selected fast ring. Checked for updates. One shot and everything is up and running. Been using it on my 930 (which is my daily driver) for a few hours and everything is great. I just wish "Hey Cortana" worked. Still not available, apparently. Cortana? Yes - works perfect, but HEY CORTANA is a no-show still.
I guess tonight while I sleep, it'll be syncing all my music using WMP.

Last edited:

Stun3i

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

IMO, it's best to revert back to 8.1 before updating to 10536. It would take less time than downloading all three updates.
And anyone who had problem with WPRT (like myself) would try what IFLYME said: Delete usb drivers in Device manager and let WPRT reinstall the drivers.
Good luck to all. Just got my 520 on 10536.1004 and things seem good so far.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Updated my L520 from 8.1 to 10536, took about 3 hours including downloading and running gears.
Seemed slow, but I found 17 apps in the store needed updating, most errored.
I noticed 1 update app was store, so I let it go first, then the rest were fine.
Speed seems better. Looks like the browser is none, I'm going to look for it in the store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo