Major troubles with 10536 on Lumia 920. Not usable at all.

jtzako

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I've tried the new build twice now, to see if I can manage to get it working properly, but it just seems to have something wrong with it, at least on my Lumia 920.

The first time I was on an 8.1 build that I've had for quite some time. It updated directly from that build to 10536.1004. When it got to the start screen and I went to unlock it, it was already showing signs of being broken. The 'slide' was flickering as it went up. Then when the 'loading' appears it was also flickering. The slide down menu had a significant delay and, once it opened, was empty. Apps would flicker then crash a few seconds after opening. I tried doing a soft reset, but that had no effect.

I then did a 'reset my phone' from the settings menu. During the initial setup process the screen was already back to flickering. The Next and Cancel buttons where often not visible, but could be used if I tapped in the right spot. The on screen keyboard was very glitchy. Most of the time it was not fully visible but if I tapped the spot for toggle from abc to 123 several times I could often get the keyboard to show up at least briefly.

Once I finally got back to the start screen I had the same issues as before the hard reset. I also still could not get the wifi connected since any attempt to toggle wifi met with an error.

I used the 'care suite' to revert back to 8.0 on an RM-821 ROM and then let it do all the updates (several) that eventually brought it back to the current 8.1 build. I did not restore any backup data, I just went and installed the insider preview app and let it download 10 again. It also went directly to the 10536.1004 build again.

This time some portions of the process where slightly better, but ultimately it appears it has the same major problem as before: the slide down doesn't work, wifi app wont open, flickering screens and invisible keyboard.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have it on my 920 and so far it is working very well. It did take a long time to finish installing/updating apps after it was back to the lock screen. Once it did that, it has been stable for the last hour or so.

morozshawn

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I have it on my 920 and so far it is working very well. It did take a long time to finish installing/updating apps after it was back to the lock screen. Once it did that, it has been stable for the last hour or so.

Lumia 1320 here. Should I install this build? I heard that once I install it, I won't be able to get future builds unless I revert back to Windows Phone 8.1..

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 1320 here. Should I install this build? I heard that once I install it, I won't be able to get future builds unless I revert back to Windows Phone 8.1..

I believe that issue was fixed. 10536 was pulled last week (a few people managed to DL it before the pull) because of the upgrade path issue. That's why it was re-released this week with additional updates.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
the revert back to 8.1 to get future builds was the reason MS pulled the update last week. if you follow the forms and post here and on MS blog, only 200 people got that update.
the pushed out update from MS (10536) will update to next build without having to go back to 8.1

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

Unless you were one of the 200 people that managed to download the build last Friday before it was pulled, it should NOT be an issue for you to update to future builds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa