One Handed use in 10536 is great!

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The main thing I've been having problems with in all the Windows 10 Mobile builds up til now on my 930 was swiping, reading and deleting my e-mails or opening OneNote items. Perhaps I have small hands, but I could never easily or efficiently reach that first top e-mail with my thumb to swipe/delete, or to open the first entry in OneNote. But build just 10536 changed that. One press on the Windows button of my phone and it's easily in reach.

Such a small thing, but sooo useful. Heck, now I might even be able to consider buying a bigger screen phone like Cityman. I still prefer smaller phones, but this makes using a larger screen do-able.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Why would you limit yourself to one hand? Also, even with one hand, I don't have problems using my 1520 which is pretty big. On the rare occasion that I have to do something that is a little harder to reach, I eather strech my hand, or just do it with my other hand. Is it only me who's having it easy?
Edit: Though I'm glad you like it. Also, it's a good idea from MS to implement it for everyone.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It's not limiting it to one hand (as in the arguments months ago about the hamburger menu) it's about implementing both one and two handed use. And there are just some times when one handed is.... very handy.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
In the previous build it was limited to screens 5 inches and bigger. This one they've either decreased or dropped the size requirement. I have a 925 and the one handed mode works for me now! Love it!

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
It's not that good, we should be able to scroll down till the end of page.. It goes half way then expect us to use full screen to see things on bottom.. And that blank black space doesn't look good..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Well, maybe it is not the best looking solution but it is functional and useful and I'm using it a lot even on my 930 which is not that huge phone...

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I think I have gotten used to the way I use my 1320.. It's a huge screen size but I don't feel the need to use this, I tried it but it only hampered my flow.. Don't need it on 1020 either.. But it's good for people who want it and use it..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
You can reach the top left corner without using this feature? Respect! We are talking about one hand use ofcourse...

Believe it or not I have been using this phone one handed since last 18 months, it wasn't even an issue on WP 8 and 8.1 barring some websites and one drive or Cortana menu which I rarely open.. I have developed a nice skill of sliding this phone so I don't need it and the way I hold it the toughest button to reach is the back button that too if I am using my right hand only cause that's when I feel that it is a little bit of top heavy phone and I have to grip it properly at the bottom.. And I have good enough big hands too, I think..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb