I am close to updating to 10536, who is running it on their 1020s? How is everything flowing? any major issues to prevent me from going that route?
    gpobernardo likes this.
    09-16-2015 04:18 AM
    I am close to updating to 10536, who is running it on their 1020s? How is everything flowing? any major issues to prevent me from going that route?
    Currently running build 10536.1004 on my lumia 1020 Us att. It is by far the most improved and lag free build yet. The simple fact that if your running 8.1 and choose fast ring it takes you directly to the new build without having to pass through any other builds! That being said I have had a few issues. 1.While charging device opening some app makes phone reboot automatically. 2. When using WIFI you cant use cellular data, and to even get celluar data to work at all I had to set my own apn, Access Point in settings comes up invalid 3. Certain live tiles hesitate and don't load very well 4.Some tiles even when unpinned are a blank representation of that tile that remains and cant be unpinned, although after several minutes they will disappear. 5. Battery Life is not very good, if the phone is dorment its fine, if you use the screen a lot it rapidly draines battery, and I mean Rapidly!
    All and all its a great build , I recommend hard resetting to get lumia camera back because Microsoft camera pics are horrid. Last but not least it takes forever to install upgrade, need at least 3 hours free time.. I'm keeping for daily driver for now, until like all he builds it slowly deteriates, have you experienced the deteration after several days on new builds as well? oh yeah and all known issues from build 10512 are fixed mainly hotspot and quiet hours.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    09-16-2015 08:04 AM
    I'm running W10M on my 1020 since 10240 and build 15036 is by far the greatest of them all. There are some hiccups here and there but overall it's almost there. I'm not experiencing any real problems, only some small lags.
    BUT: Windows Camera on the 1020 is the worst.
    I tried a hard reset to get Lumia Camera back but it doesn't work for me because it depends on your firmware version (country& operator) if it's there or not

Gabe Aul said 1020 users will be able to download Lumia Camera later this fall so it will be all well soon
    gpobernardo likes this.
    09-17-2015 01:21 AM
    Running 10536 on my 1020 and it kind of sucks...really!
    Yes, it is a slight improvement over 10512 but it is still pretty crappy.
    I'm starting to despair really!!

Build 10536 is chewing up battery like crazy. And yes, I have done a hard reset after the upgrade that took forever by the way.
    Photos and Store apps are still painfully slow. No native SMS/MMS app so you need to download "Messaging Skype Beta" which cannot be found in the Store app. I and others have been using links from WPCentral to find the app as it is not listed in the Store app when searching.
    Over all sluggish response and some apps crash. When getting incoming calls I need to press answer like 2-4 times before it answers.
    Same thing when hanging up the call. Sometime it's almost impossible to hang up. Dialing is also so very slow.

I know this is an preview and I'm here by my own free will but I'm seriously starting to doubt that we are going to see this OS in 2015.
    09-17-2015 06:43 AM
    As for me, Build 10536 is better, although battery performance is still not good but its better than the previous build.. The Photos App still sucks as it takes so much time zooming into the photos and sometimes loading the photos.. And regarding the SMS app missing, a fix was deployed but you need to reinstall Build 10536 to get it, i.e back to Win 8.1 and then installing 10536.. :/ Yeah apps still take time to load but the performance is better than 10512.. All I need is Lumia Camera app back in Store for Windows 10 users.. :|
    09-17-2015 07:09 AM
    Ok, Not being able to have Cellular data while on WIFI is big. Text messages etc, does not come through then correct?
    09-17-2015 10:22 AM
    Ok, Not being able to have Cellular data while on WIFI is big. Text messages etc, does not come through then correct?
    MMS and SMS and Phones Calls work just fine when I said cellular data I was referring to actual web data, phone calls and text messages are fine.Its weird I think the reason for this is Microsoft is leaning towards being their own carrier because on the last few build Microsoft messaging has replaced my tmobile messaging, kinda cool !
    gpobernardo likes this.
    09-17-2015 03:37 PM
    Ok, so I don't understand, when you are on WIFI, I don't care if cellular data is off, I hope that's the case. and just automatically comes on when I loose wifi connection.
    09-17-2015 04:25 PM
    Ok, so I don't understand, when you are on WIFI, I don't care if cellular data is off, I hope that's the case. and just automatically comes on when I loose wifi connection.
    Honestly I'm confused myself, I like to use cell data and WiFi at the same time because I live in an apartment complex with shared WiFi, so my signals not the best, I mentioned it because it's a problem for me ,if you don't mind cell data off while on WiFi then your good to go, I mentioned it because on 8.1 I had the ability to use both cell data and WiFi at the same time, either way cellular data has never affected texting or calling, that has to do with service signal.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    09-17-2015 06:49 PM
    Honestly I'm confused myself, I like to use cell data and WiFi at the same time because I live in an apartment complex with shared WiFi, so my signals not the best, I mentioned it because it's a problem for me ,if you don't mind cell data off while on WiFi then your good to go, I mentioned it because on 8.1 I had the ability to use both cell data and WiFi at the same time, either way cellular data has never affected texting or calling, that has to do with service signal.
    Interesting.... I've never had the ability to use both WiFi and cellular data at the same time. It's always been either or for me. Are you on tmobile or att?

@Steve Adams For me this new build is great. A lot of improvements and honestly I would consider it stable enough to be a daily driver. If I remember correctly you don't care about DNG missing and in that case Windows Camera actually performs nicely. The photos app is a little slow in loading the detailed pictures you have to wait several seconds to minutes for the picture to load, I think this is why a lot of people report horrible pictures from Windows Camera. I've used it, and while I prefer Lumia Camera, Windows Camera does a decent job and might even be a hair faster between shots than Lumia Camera.
    I will say on the battery life I originally experienced heavy drain the first few days that I've been on the build. However, surprisingly this morning the battery has steadied and no longer has the massive drain, I'll keep an eye on it but right now it's much more in line with how 8.1 was with battery life.
    Other than that I can't really say that I've had any issues, the Start screen actually works this time so feels much snappier. Oh btw, I ended up rolling back to 8.1 first, hard resetting, and then installing 10536.1004 directly and another hard reset (no restore).
    gpobernardo likes this.
    09-18-2015 08:08 AM
    Interesting.... I've never had the ability to use both WiFi and cellular data at the same time. It's always been either or for me. Are you on tmobile or att?

@Steve Adams For me this new build is great. A lot of improvements and honestly I would consider it stable enough to be a daily driver. If I remember correctly you don't care about DNG missing and in that case Windows Camera actually performs nicely. The photos app is a little slow in loading the detailed pictures you have to wait several seconds to minutes for the picture to load, I think this is why a lot of people report horrible pictures from Windows Camera. I've used it, and while I prefer Lumia Camera, Windows Camera does a decent job and might even be a hair faster between shots than Lumia Camera.
    I will say on the battery life I originally experienced heavy drain the first few days that I've been on the build. However, surprisingly this morning the battery has steadied and no longer has the massive drain, I'll keep an eye on it but right now it's much more in line with how 8.1 was with battery life.
    Other than that I can't really say that I've had any issues, the Start screen actually works this time so feels much snappier. Oh btw, I ended up rolling back to 8.1 first, hard resetting, and then installing 10536.1004 directly and another hard reset (no restore).
    It was originally an att 1020 us, but when the denim rollout didn't come to lumia1020 us att(this is prior to crazy hold out I endured from att)I called and threw a major fit so att only response was they carrier unlocked my phone and I went with T-Mobile, because their plans and data rates/speeds are way better in downtown vegas.. It is still att firmware though. The only reason I knew you could use both wifi and cell data is because when I was on the phone with att (crying), the 100th tech I spoke too advised me to turn both on, he told me because of my weak wifi signal , I needed to use both to try and receive the update. Well the update was not coming for another 4 months, I didn't realize that at the time of course, but yeah that's when I learned you could use both signals for a higher download rate.
    09-18-2015 09:20 AM
    W10M Build 10536 supposedly no longer has the start screen Loading problem. However, my 1020 still has it.

Do you still have the loading problem?

Yes/No?

Thanks
    09-18-2015 12:06 PM
    thanks.

I may have to fire it up to update overnight. I am on 10166 now and I get a lock up every now and then but nothing serious. So, if this new system is faster and more stable it's fine for me!
    09-18-2015 03:36 PM

On 8.1 there's an option to 'use cellular days when WiFi connectivity is limited' which comes in handy when free WiFi networks are extremely slow (quite often). Also to the OP yeah I agree with you I was on insider builds for months on my 1020 and it always seem to lock up, freeze and have more issues the longer I was on a certain build
    Mike Newport likes this.
    09-18-2015 04:05 PM
    Running 10536 on my 1020 and it kind of sucks...really!
    Yes, it is a slight improvement over 10512 but it is still pretty crappy.
    I'm starting to despair really!!

Build 10536 is chewing up battery like crazy. And yes, I have done a hard reset after the upgrade that took forever by the way.
    Photos and Store apps are still painfully slow. No native SMS/MMS app so you need to download "Messaging Skype Beta" which cannot be found in the Store app. I and others have been using links from WPCentral to find the app as it is not listed in the Store app when searching.
    Over all sluggish response and some apps crash. When getting incoming calls I need to press answer like 2-4 times before it answers.
    Same thing when hanging up the call. Sometime it's almost impossible to hang up. Dialing is also so very slow.

I know this is an preview and I'm here by my own free will but I'm seriously starting to doubt that we are going to see this OS in 2015.
    W10M Build 10536 supposedly no longer has the start screen Loading problem. However, my 1020 still has it.

Do you still have the loading problem?

Yes/No?

Thanks
    Your query would get more visibility here. Threads Merged.
    09-18-2015 05:09 PM
    I know it was only a configuration update but I swear sync works now with my Asus notebook and my performance is amazing, photo hub pics look so much crisper. I'm excited!
    09-22-2015 05:58 AM
    Battery draining at 5% per hour on no use (location on, all others off, no cellular or wifi). On 10512 it was about 1.2% per hour and on 8.1 more like 0.9-1% per hour on standby. So this is quite bad for me

I had upgraded from 10512 directly, took over 6 hours for download and update process. I wanted to test 10536 before resorting to downgrading to 8.1 and then direct upgrade to 10536 but I didn't have wifi nor WPRT installing on my computer. I've found a workaround by using Nokia Software Updater and getting wifi from a nearby coffee house

Starting time is about 40 seconds as opposed to 32-35 seconds in 10512 so it's slower there

Calls come through okay but phone stops ringing in between as if the ringtone had a silent section

Couldn't edit photos from within photos app; just noticed that today but it's working now

Can't use word flow in edge address bar or store search bar. Edge browser doesn't work with cellular data, saying proxy settings are the problem but there are no proxy settings for cellular connection. This is a minor issue for me as I use UC browser 99% of the time for browsing, searching and facebook

Cellular data drains battery faster than ever though this could be because of the additional drain by other system processes
    gpobernardo likes this.
    09-22-2015 08:28 AM
    Installed on my 1020, did the hard reset and setup as new phone twice but still get caught out with the "Loading...." error when trying to get back to Start Menu. Camera also decides sometimes to not open the shutter, despite the software loading.

Overall, I'm gonna head back to WM8.1, was very stable and never had an of the issues experienced with WM10 on my 1020. Guess I'll wait until the next build is released and give it another try. Love the overall feel of WM10 and the improvements, which is why I keep trying it.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    10-12-2015 11:45 AM