Windows 10 Phone 10536 -Massive Battery Drain

Bobby Bahmanpour

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
The battery drianage is crazy....... I lose about 15% when I stay on for 15 minutes and the phone gets HOT not just warm.

Wonder if this kills the battery in the long run.

Is Microsoft really trying to get rid of even the die hard fans by making us all sorry we stick it out this long??

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
The battery drianage is crazy....... I lose about 15% when I stay on for 15 minutes and the phone gets HOT not just warm.

Wonder if this kills the battery in the long run.

Is Microsoft really trying to get rid of even the die hard fans by making us all sorry we stick it out this long??

U do realize this is not finalized software right? Battery glitches and bugs are to be expected. If it's that much of a problem stay on 8.1

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: [battery drain] Am I interpreting this correctly?

It wasn't in the Q&A when I found it. Nonetheless, if it was originally in the Q&A, then it will still be moved since the Q&A is a forum reserved for urgent and time pressing matters, and for guests who don't have a Windows Central account yet.

Thanks for the feedback.

I felt that my question about the Start app clocking unusually high battery use percentages, causing phone to heat up, and stuck in the "Loading..." issue was important.

Anyway, can you answer the question? "Am I interpreting the screenshot correctly?"

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
My battery has been pretty good on this build. Yhe longest ise Ive had so far was 23hrs, 24mins when it dropped from 100% to 25%.This was on medium use

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: [battery drain] Am I interpreting this correctly?

Thanks for the feedback.

I felt that my question about the Start app clocking unusually high battery use percentages, causing phone to heat up, and stuck in the "Loading..." issue was important.

Anyway, can you answer the question? "Am I interpreting the screenshot correctly?"

The question may be important, but it may not really be that urgent. An urgent question would be something like this: Why won't my phone won't start up? I need to call my bank ASAP.

Unfortunately, I couldn't answer your question with certainty since I have not tried Windows 10 Mobile on my phone, yet - I'm waiting for the final build. But if the Battery use information is similar to the Battery saver app in Windows Phone 8.1, then those data are best taken as "indicators" but not as decimal-point-accurate information, since there have been instances in WP8.1 where two apps were reported to both have 90%+ battery usage, which is an arithmetic impossibility.

The sum of your System, Display, Wi-Fi and Cellular is 100.1% (not sure, I just looked at the numbers quickly), but the 0.1% anomaly is attributed to rounding error - no big deal. It also appears logical that the display consumes most of the power, since the screen is one of the most power-consuming hardware features of a smart phone. So, you may be interpreting the information in the screenshot correctly, but I would take it with some degree of flexibility.

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I migrated from 8.1 straight. No hard reset. I am getting around 15 hrs....far better than what I got in 10166. and it's so stable that I am thinking of keeping this build as a daily driver. couple of tips 1. Reduce brightness 2. turn off NFC, Bluetooth etc when not needed.

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't know if someone already mention this before but I will tell you. Yesterday I was experience this batty issue either in my 920 build 10536. 3 hours after pull the charger, my battery running from 100% - 10% in 3 hours only. This is terrible.

But I found some old ways to solve this problem. It use to work with old phone, but I tried this and it works. "Just try to put your phone to dead (0%/goodbye message) by keep using it. And then leave your dead phone without charge it for about 5-6 hours, maybe more (I don't know, I left my phone dead on night sleep). And then put it on charger BUT make it offline mode, or airplane mode so nobody can bother your phone. Don't use your phone until 100% charged and wait for more 1 hour still plugged in charger."

That's it. My phone battery now last more longer than before. Unplugged from 2 PM and on 10 PM it still on 68%. A great battery improvement isn't it? Take a shot. Maybe this work with your phone too.

I somewhat followed your advice and now my phone has gone from 15-20 % per hour to 1.3 % per hour. The difference was that I didn't left the phone dead for several hours but just 15 or 20 minutes.
Additionally but a day later I disabled Facebook background process for an unknown impact in battery performance. I run with all the options on, bluetooth, wifi, NFC, tap to wake, glance at peek and normal "Save my device's location".

I have around 2 years and 9 months with my Lumia 920 and replaced the battery at 2 years 3 months after I got tired of the phone lasting around 12 hours with full charge; the result was a whooping almost 14 hours of battery so I'm not really concerned about how much impact might have to let the battery die for the long term life expectancy of the battery. I had little respect to the battery since I was planning to upgrade the phone to the new flagship but none of the flagship were good enough to worth the price and/or weren't launched in my carrier frecuencies.

MK Shatnawi

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
10536 is pretty stable and fast.
However just went back to 8.1 due to battery drain.
I'm a 1520, average drain was ~2.5-3 % per hour, the phone didn't last through a day, although i used to get ~2days + on win8.1.
Looking forward for a new built that resolves this.

Vijay_Anand

May 30, 2015
Visit site
No serious issues on my 830. I've rather enjoyed using this build in fact, a few minor niggles notwithstanding. However, the battery drain is a matter of concern for me. It's draining at least twice as fast as it used to on 8.1 update 2. And with minimal usage.

For example, today, four-and-half hours after I unplugged my phone, I must have checked my Outlook app a couple of times, replied to the odd text message and yet, the battery is at 50%. On 8.1 update 2, under similar conditions, I would have 80-90% battery left.

I did a hard reset after I installed 10536, by the way.

Wazzim

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
It was terrible and unusable on 1520, it also had a lot of other bugs. 8.1 is heaven compared to how W10M feels now. I tested it for months but can't do it anymore.

pdesiatnyk23

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I was experiencing 10% drain per hour then came across this thread and most if not all tips helped IE turn most of the location service off, turn off most apps from running in the background (WhatsApp especially) . turned off NFC as well got it back to about 3-5 percent per hour which was a lot better but I still wasn't happy. so I did a hard restart hoping to revert back to windows 8.1 (didn't back up or anything so stupid) it reverted still to the windows 10 insider but .... battery drain now with still turning off everything I have secified as droped to 1.3% p hour on normal use (my Lumia 830 is a work phone so gets used lots while working). but none the less I am very happy now with battery drain and all the tips in the thread works great

thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs