Windows 10 Phone 10536 -Massive Battery Drain

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I was experiencing 10% drain per hour then came across this thread and most if not all tips helped IE turn most of the location service off, turn off most apps from running in the background (WhatsApp especially) . turned off NFC as well got it back to about 3-5 percent per hour which was a lot better but I still wasn't happy. so I did a hard restart hoping to revert back to windows 8.1 (didn't back up or anything so stupid) it reverted still to the windows 10 insider but .... battery drain now with still turning off everything I have secified as droped to 1.3% p hour on normal use (my Lumia 830 is a work phone so gets used lots while working). but none the less I am very happy now with battery drain and all the tips in the thread works great

thanks!

As often told in forum, first log out skype and skype video

spacesnow

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Because of L635 battery drain and occasional heating up after installing 10586 I have to went back to 8.1. (And because of lacking native txt viewer/editor).

marpamcy

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't know if someone already mention this before but I will tell you. Yesterday I was experience this batty issue either in my 920 build 10536. 3 hours after pull the charger, my battery running from 100% - 10% in 3 hours only. This is terrible.

But I found some old ways to solve this problem. It use to work with old phone, but I tried this and it works. "Just try to put your phone to dead (0%/goodbye message) by keep using it. And then leave your dead phone without charge it for about 5-6 hours, maybe more (I don't know, I left my phone dead on night sleep). And then put it on charger BUT make it offline mode, or airplane mode so nobody can bother your phone. Don't use your phone until 100% charged and wait for more 1 hour still plugged in charger."

That's it. My phone battery now last more longer than before. Unplugged from 2 PM and on 10 PM it still on 68%. A great battery improvement isn't it? Take a shot. Maybe this work with your phone too.

Placebo effect

marpamcy

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I stopped most apps from running in the background that didn't make sense.
Also go to extras -> touch

change sensitivity to normal.
disable double tap to wake
and if you want to add even more saving disable vibration feedback from the navigation keys.

If you stop everything then it's not a smartphone anymore.

Nokia930usr

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
weird thing......yesterday my phone died because it run out of battery....after i recharge it it hold one day with usage and NOT on battery saver. :)
so now the battery holds very good.
Try to drain the battery completely and then recharge it to 100% like I did.....maybe it will work for you to
If you want the battery in the 930 to not last long and need a new one then keep draining it completely . That's how batteries work (Lumia 930 Li-ion) .

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Draining the battery to shutdown every "blue moon" is okay. That will force a recalibration of the battery meter. But Li-ion batteries generally prefer to be constantly topped off to get the longest life out them. Also don't let them get to hot, or to cold.

Nokia930usr

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
If you want to get better battery life try this . When the phone is charged to 100% take the phone off the charger . Don't leave the phone charging when it has reached 100% . Try to keep the phone topped up rather than letting it drop to below 50% charge . Keep the phone away from hot areas , batteries hate heat . Do this for a few days and see if the battery improves .
Obviously the more things that don't use the battery the better .
14ln339.jpg

Last edited:

Hartmut Beil

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
This is not about how to avoid draining the battery , but rather what in Win 10 makes my phone dead over night? Before the upgrade, the phone would last 3, even four days without charge, now with some bad luck, it discharges itself overnight.
It is a Win 10 issue and I see no other option then to rollback the upgrade. This win 10 upgrade is a downgrade.
Nokia Lumia 1520 . This is frustrating. I cannot understand why Microsoft scares the few users away with this freaking upgrade.
It is like they don't want to be in the phone business anymore.

ams_hh

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes, they are aware as one can read in here

Fixed issue that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
Windows 10 update history - Windows Help

So I was hopeful and installed it. But as far as I can see, there is no improvement (Lumia 532).
The mobile takes 50% in one day. While doing next to nothing. No surfing, no gaming, some WhatsApp messages
and 90% of the time in lock screen. This is ridiculous. Especially compared to the WP8.1 time ...

Does someone has the same experince with Build 10586.318 ?
Regards
Andree

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
There are a lot of posts about fixing stand by battery drain.

1 - disable all unuseful background apps
2 - disable video uploads in Onedrive
3 - disable Edge sync
4 - use Wfi every time is available
5 - change Ring to Production for stopping telemetry

PS: you posted in wrong forum

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, they are aware as one can read in here

Fixed issue that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
Windows 10 update history - Windows Help

So I was hopeful and installed it. But as far as I can see, there is no improvement (Lumia 532).
The mobile takes 50% in one day. While doing next to nothing. No surfing, no gaming, some WhatsApp messages
and 90% of the time in lock screen. This is ridiculous. Especially compared to the WP8.1 time ...

Does someone has the same experince with Build 10586.318 ?
Regards
Andree

I have the same problem on my 1520. I wound up going back to 8.1 because of the battery drain and Lumia camera is just much better. I shoot a lot of videos with my phone so 8.1 is much better video and sound.

Nckrose

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I have a Microsoft Lumia.

Installed Windows 10 and the battery life is atrocious. Tried everything mentioned on this forum and nothing worked. I am not sure why I should need to do anything. It is quite outrageous that a new OS would be released with such a major issue on phones made by Microsoft. Epic FAIL microsoft.

So, re-installed 8.1 and my battery life went from going dead halfway though the day to remaining at 70% by the end of the day. Am happy again but will not be staying with Microsoft phones. There is only so much one can take.

Nick

Pat5zero

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Same here with the latest build. The battery on my lumia 1520 has been solid since I bought the phone and I have never allowed the battery to get below 70%, yet this build drained the battery within 2 hours to my astonishment.
I have been in the insider program since its conception and have accepted with enthusiasm all updates/builds until the last 2 builds which have gone backwards in their progression.
* click on an SMS and the whole content is missing.
* can't see any media files (photoes, links, content) in any sms contacts.
* try to ring someone and the whole phone apps crashes
* outlook doesn't send emails but holds them.
* battery options don't stop dramatic battery drain

I am assuming by now MS team will be aware of this problem with battery drain and we might see a update soon to rectify the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb