Windows 10 Phone 10536 -Massive Battery Drain

simoncu

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Same thing with me, Lumia 735 draining in one night (7 hours) and phone in stand-by.... Maybe MS could come up with a patch or something ? did they test the update before sending it, or are we the 1st testers ?

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If you are unhappy, why are you in Insider Program and not in Official?

Because Official is not much better I'm afraid. In fact... it may be worse. Dunno.. too dang scared to try Insider....cause "Official" is still full of BUGS ! This list is so long there's no sense typing it all out... I wonder if Satya uses a 950? Doubt it.... I mean .. how do you get through a work day like this?

Tasha Jaiswal

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Just because of batterry drain (even on official version of WindowsMobile10) I rolled back to WP8.1 on my Lumia 640. I did many hard resets when my phone was in WM10 but nothing helped but this WP8.1 is very smooth and battery life is excellent. I will not be upgrading to WM10 untill the official anniversary update!

fabit

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I am also facing this same problem..mine is also lumia930

Same I have 930 too. What I see: If I switch on only one second the wifi or 4G the phone will drain the battery extremly fast. If I restart the phone the problem disapear. Notingh else could could help me. If I never switch on data connection the uptime with couple hour talking is 4-5 day. If the data connection was switched on only 10sec the uptime will be less than 1 day! I don't underdtand the problem. With WP8.1 it worked without problems.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Same I have 930 too. What I see: If I switch on only one second the wifi or 4G the phone will drain the battery extremly fast. If I restart the phone the problem disapear. Notingh else could could help me. If I never switch on data connection the uptime with couple hour talking is 4-5 day. If the data connection was switched on only 10sec the uptime will be less than 1 day! I don't underdtand the problem. With WP8.1 it worked without problems.

Which build are you using? last fast insider are fixing that on old lumias

simoncu

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
@Maurizio : battery use is 1) whatsapp and 2) phone update (it's in French, but that what it means. ) and I have version 1607 and 10.0.14390.0 as build. Just had to restart it yesterday. and still going down fast. I have this little arrow over wifi all the time, I didn't have it before. And it looks like it's sending/receiving stuff all the time... And whatsapp is the only app I really use on this phone, there are no apps anyway ;-)

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
this was just now addressed/fixed in the fast ring (build 10.0.14393.0). i have a 929 (icon) which is the same hardware as the 930, these have both been on their "old device with battery issues" list for quite some time. it was actually a lot better for me about 3 builds ago on the fast ring but i think they really nailed it on this one and it was also stated in their release notes that it was fixed. all of these things you are doing will help but it's really system issue that you cannot really just stop or disable in background. just be patient, anniversary update is looking to be nice so far.

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by jkelek
this was just now addressed/fixed in the fast ring (build 10.0.14393.0). i have a 929 (icon) which is the same hardware as the 930, these have both been on their "old device with battery issues" list for quite some time. it was actually a lot better for me about 3 builds ago on the fast ring but i think they really nailed it on this one and it was also stated in their release notes that it was fixed. all of these things you are doing will help but it's really system issue that you cannot really just stop or disable in background. just be patient, anniversary update is looking to be nice so far.

14393 also hit the slow ring on wednesday, 7/20. here's the note in their regarding this issue that it was fixed:
"We also fixed an issue causing some battery drain on older devices like the Lumia 535, 640, 735, 830, 930 and Icon."

mchilds1

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
It's not your Lumia 930, it's WIN 10. My 930 was performing just fine until I started the insider program testing the latest WIN 10 builds. Ever since I downloaded the 1st build, my battery has been on fast drain mode with no Apps running in the background and only wifi on. I wish they would fix this issue and go back to where it was with 8.1 that had great battery life even with gps turned on.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo