09-28-2015 08:53 AM
105 12345
tools
    Battery drains too fast and phone heats alot after installing build 10536
    I get the battery drain but the heating is less than with the previous build.
    09-17-2015 07:27 AM
    Had similar issue. Hard reset with no backup restore.

every build you install requires a hard reset and starting from scratch.
    I had a feeling about that but I don't want to do all that every single time we get a new build. I must admit though the last time I did a hard reset everything was much faster. I hope they find a better way to deliver new builds without requiring the users to do hard resets and re-download all the apps again.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
    09-17-2015 07:35 AM
    I am seeing the same issues you are describing - the loading an resuming is far worse in 536 than 512 (L930). Also the lock screen issue is not completely gone. Plugging and unplugging the phone to power messes up the lock screen (date and time not showing up). More apps pending in the store (not able to install/uninstall) When will the Here-apps stop pending in the store??
    I have not done a hard reset, and I won't do it if not required. I have a LOT of app-setting I don't want to loose.
    I know tis is a technical preview, but subsequent builds should improve before they are released.
    It's always required. that's the point. You're in alpha testing. I had issues like people describe but I reset and started fresh and now resuming barely shows up. The phone still gets hot but not as hot as in previous build. The battery is being eaten more but also hard reset sets touch sensitivity to high, double tap to wake which both eat battery and all apps generally are allowed in background. So I modified the apps now and will see how the battery goes. That's pretty much my main complaint. Most stable release so far and this is a lumia 830.
    09-17-2015 07:42 AM
    Manpower and resources is a easy fix for such a great company like Microsoft. I hope they start taking W10M seriously. It's like they got their C team working on this.
    09-17-2015 07:48 AM
    I had a feeling about that but I don't want to do all that every single time we get a new build. I must admit though the last time I did a hard reset everything was much faster. I hope they find a better way to deliver new builds without requiring the users to do hard resets and re-download all the apps again.

I agree. The final needs to update smoothly with no issues. I think part of them making every 8.1 unit get GDR 2 is to prep for the final update. But even on desktop a lot of users are forced to do clean install which is really not cool of MS. Though my bro never had to and things went great for him. I never had to either but I had 1 issue i tried to fix with it, it was not fixed. Seems like it will be an update fix.
    RaRa85 likes this.
    09-17-2015 07:52 AM
    They do have their c team working on it . They are laying off Wm people because lets face it there isn't enough people using windows mobile to take serious and start adding money and staff into it . That's the sad fact
    Just be happy that there are still some people trying
    09-17-2015 07:52 AM
    I am seeing the same issues you are describing - the loading an resuming is far worse in 536 than 512 (L930). Also the lock screen issue is not completely gone. Plugging and unplugging the phone to power messes up the lock screen (date and time not showing up). More apps pending in the store (not able to install/uninstall) When will the Here-apps stop pending in the store??
    I have not done a hard reset, and I won't do it if not required. I have a LOT of app-setting I don't want to loose.
    I know tis is a technical preview, but subsequent builds should improve before they are released.
    you can do an "app + settings" backup and then go back to 8.1. Your backup will help you get the settings and apps back. Make sure that while you are on 8.1, you download all the apps that you want like Here maps. Only then do you start the upgrade process to 10536. I used the backup the first time and it even arranged my tiles exactly the way they were
    09-17-2015 09:00 AM
    Welcome aboard, but keep in mind, there may be no way back, making this a one way trip :D :D :D

Just switch to Settings page and change from firescreen wallpaper to tiles couple of times, it always fix issue on my 925 & 930...

Not for now unfortunately...
    Thanks a lot!
    I really like windows 10 mobile OS. It's shaping up pretty well. I hope that they bring back the Facebook integration. I can see Twitter in the what's new section of the peoples hub, but no Facebook. Have the Facebook app installed. When went through settings in people hub to add social apps, it shows Facebook as the only option and shows it as installed, but shows nothing from Facebook in people hub's what's new section!
    09-17-2015 09:31 AM
    Thanks a lot!
    I really like windows 10 mobile OS. It's shaping up pretty well. I hope that they bring back the Facebook integration. I can see Twitter in the what's new section of the peoples hub, but no Facebook. Have the Facebook app installed. When went through settings in people hub to add social apps, it shows Facebook as the only option and shows it as installed, but shows nothing from Facebook in people hub's what's new section!
    Facebook integration is working with People app. I think you need to first allow "Connect to my Phone" feature from facebook app (you'll find it in Facebook settings) and then click on Sync Now. Once synced, it should show Facebook feeds in People app.
    09-17-2015 09:51 AM
    Facebook integration is working with People app. I think you need to first allow "Connect to my Phone" feature from facebook app (you'll find it in Facebook settings) and then click on Sync Now. Once synced, it should show Facebook feeds in People app.
    This. I think Microsoft is moving away from an integrated people hub out-of-box-experience and more toward app integration with the people hub. This is why both Twitter and Facebook import contacts into the people hub in Windows 10, rather than it being linked with your Microsoft account as it was before.
    09-17-2015 10:16 AM
    Lumia Icon here...........cannot wireless charge past 49% (which is a real problem considering my charging port is broken, the phone is under warranty, except Microsoft cannot replace it because they don't have them anymore, and they want to give me the HTC M9 and its crappy camera). There is also phantom touching, lag, Loading.........., at this point, im considering flashing back to 8.1. Its bordering on un-usable................the last build was great, it would give me Loading.....at any reboot, but it at least worked.
    09-17-2015 11:12 AM
    I did that first thing after updating my phone. But still, Facebook feed didn't appear in the people hub. So, now I am doing a hard reset! Lets see.
    09-17-2015 11:12 AM
    The new build works perfectly for me. However, I can't start up android apps installed to my device anymore?

When I installed the new build I wiped everything (think I even did it twice) and after I started it all up again I decided to re-install some android APK:s that I've been using on previous builds. Installing them works like a charm, but the apps crasch when I try to start them up again.

Does anyone else have problem with installed APK:s or is it just my device that is trying to prank me?

Best,
    09-17-2015 11:24 AM
    The new build works perfectly for me. However, I can't start up android apps installed to my device anymore?

When I installed the new build I wiped everything (think I even did it twice) and after I started it all up again I decided to re-install some android APK:s that I've been using on previous builds. Installing them works like a charm, but the apps crasch when I try to start them up again.

Does anyone else have problem with installed APK:s or is it just my device that is trying to prank me?

Best,
    As far as I am aware, there is a new version of apk installer that works with 10536. I don't have the link but you should probably find it on XDA. Hopefully, that should help you open these apks with latest build.
    Broderjimmy likes this.
    09-17-2015 11:47 AM
    As far as I am aware, there is a new version of apk installer that works with 10536. I don't have the link but you should probably find it on XDA. Hopefully, that should help you open these apks with latest build.
    Thanks for the info! Good thing I was a heavy android user for years and know to some extent how to deal with matters like these ;)

Jimmy
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    09-17-2015 12:01 PM
    This. I think Microsoft is moving away from an integrated people hub out-of-box-experience and more toward app integration with the people hub. This is why both Twitter and Facebook import contacts into the people hub in Windows 10, rather than it being linked with your Microsoft account as it was before.
    This is a smarter move. Say Facebook changes something. You need an OS update all of a sudden because people hub breaks. But if facebook updates the app, no changes to OS are required.
    09-17-2015 12:37 PM
    Yup , for me also build 10536 (on Lumia 1320) proving to be the worst. After upgrading from 8.1, it was slow, some aspects of settings were not working. So did reset and installed afresh. now the phone reboots by itself - till now 7 times while using edge / or in a call/ scrolling the outlook mail..... mobile hotspot works till the screen is on, the moment its blacks out hotspot is not functional

even our win central application takes a minute to open up and show the contents.
    09-17-2015 12:38 PM
    It's no bad . It's great . Bad for you. Sorry
    09-17-2015 01:05 PM

Is working after a hard reset. Thanks a lot.
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    09-17-2015 01:49 PM
    This build has been pretty good for me. The lock screen still delays a little but is far less noticeable now. But the bigger problem is now some apps are unresponsive to touch besides the tilt animation when you tap on an app and refuse to launch at all. Some other apps only launch from the ap list like the Store app. Not too many more issues beyond that that I have discovered.
    Windows 10 on the desktop does that too so it must be a shared code base. If you have any lateral motion on your touch the tile just moves. I'm surprised it's still a problem in Windows 10 desktop. It's a real PITA on a Surface 3. Little problems like this shouldn't still exist when they functioned so perfectly in 8.1.

I'm back on WP8.1 now and that's one of the things from WP10 that I don't miss.
    09-17-2015 03:41 PM
    Windows 10 on the desktop does that too so it must be a shared code base. If you have any lateral motion on your touch the tile just moves. I'm surprised it's still a problem in Windows 10 desktop. It's a real PITA on a Surface 3. Little problems like this shouldn't still exist when they functioned so perfectly in 8.1.

I'm back on WP8.1 now and that's one of the things from WP10 that I don't miss.
    I'm considering just going back to Windows Phone 8.1 myself. The only thing really holding me back from doing so is the fact that I only use the technical preview to see how the OS is shaping up on my old Lumia 920. I gotta tell you though, I'm playing through Final Fantasy VIII on my Xperia Z3 with my PS3 controller and I'm finding it really hard to give up the phone "just because." I really want to see some great features come to Windows 10 Mobile.

npoe likes this.
    09-17-2015 03:46 PM
    So far I'm happier with this build than the previous. I have no problems but the poor battery performance even after a hard reset (around 20% per hour in a Lumia 920). Hopefully it is going to get better by the time the weekend hits but I'm still waiting.

I'm actually excited about what is going to come in W10M.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    09-17-2015 06:26 PM
    I gotta say, 10536 is working far better for me than the last build, and I didn't hard reset (yet). I installed the night it released and fell asleep while it was finishing up. I needed the phone first thing in the morning, and since it's been working so well, I haven't felt the need to reset. Battery life is better (for me), loading screens are almost gone (WindowsCentral app hangs up a lot tho).

Only bug that irks me at the moment is when checking the time on the lock screen, the screen doesn't fade out in 5-10 seconds like it used to. It stays on the lock screen for 3 minutes, which is my lock screen timeout setting. That doesn't merit a reset just yet IMO...
    09-17-2015 07:06 PM
    Downloading 10536 is taking infinite time it showing still 0% after 4 hours. How much time did it require to download and installation???
    09-17-2015 08:06 PM
    I'm considering just going back to Windows Phone 8.1 myself. The only thing really holding me back from doing so is the fact that I only use the technical preview to see how the OS is shaping up on my old Lumia 920. I gotta tell you though, I'm playing through Final Fantasy VIII on my Xperia Z3 with my PS3 controller and I'm finding it really hard to give up the phone "just because." I really want to see some great features come to Windows 10 Mobile.

My biggest holdback is something rather simple. Notifications for individual people don't function. When the old people app coexisted on WP in earlier builds it still worked. I'm not sure if it was axed, overlooked or removed and never to return. Following that it's communication history. Both of which we lost to get round pictures that dance around the screen -- which is so much more important.
    09-17-2015 09:14 PM
105 12345