Build 10536 is worse compared to 10512

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I cannot even get passed the SIM screen - not with this nor with the previous build. I have also tried to set this up on my 1020 after a full hard reset without any extra settings or programmes preloaded.

It just has a black screen with "Something went wrong (code:0x8007052e). Restart your device to see if that fixes the problem." message. Well, nothing seems to fix it. Any ideas? Cannot keep my phone unusable for many hours anymore...

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Though I originally planned not to, I went ahead and installed this on one of my 1520's. It runs slower than 8.1, but I'm really enjoying it. The only bug I have is when trying to view a photo I just took in the camera app, it causes the app to crash. I'm not getting any resuming really, and that was my main concern before installing this build.

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
When the phone restarts, it asks for the SIM card code. It does so on top of the lock screen photo, not on an empty blank black screen as usual. And after the four digits are put in, it doesn't have a button on top right side of the numbers to press ok. It may or may not (this varies when I keep trying) jump to the "normal" SIM card pin screen, but once the right code is given, the screen goes blank with the message I gave above. I cannot access screenshots to show, unfortunately.

It seems I can get and answer calls. I seem to receive messages but can't read them. I can access the action centre, but I cannot open anything from there that would go beyond that action centre screen.

I am now trying to hard reset the phone through the buttons sequence. Will get back on whether it worked or not.

potter007

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Am using it on Lumia 640.
I can't find "extras" setting... Am unable to stop my navigation bar vibrating.
Any idea On how to get it?
Thanks in advance..

Alpedra

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 too and the "Extras" setting is there. If there is nothing wrong with your phone/windows, it is the last menu listed in the Settings "app". Can you check?

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Surprisingly, there is a big difference on performance between :
1. Upgrade and restore from backup
2. Upgrade, Hard reset and restore from backup
3. Upgrade, hard reset and no restore.
Option 3 is where I see the best performance of either Win 8.1 and any Win 10 builds I have tried.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I have to admit this version destroys battery. I have never seen my battery drain so fast. Even with all the extra settings in place to save on battery.

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it seems to have fixed it. And restoration of the accounts worked too - so now it is almost ok. Just slow and still downloading all apps etc. I think it might work as a daily driver once I've done all setups.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
How much time did it require to download 10536, on my phone it is showing 0% even after 4 hours please anyone give reply

You need to give more information. What are you updating and from what version? My update from 8.1 to 10536 took about 1hour to download and 2 more hours to install and setup on my 520.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb