Build 10536 is worse compared to 10512

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys... Are you dealing issues with notifications or is just me?

Yesterday i noticed that in notifications and actions there were only 2 or 3 apps listed.Today I got a few texts,emails and it looks like the notifications work fine and the apps are added to notifications and actions once the first notification comes in

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
This build is much much worse on my 1320. I haven,t done a hard reset & don't really want to unless it stays this bad. I get "loading" all the time. The battery is sucking dry at a rapid rate. (never had this before) I lost Cortana. Not very happy about that..... And still can't get emails to work properly.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
This build is much much worse on my 1320. I haven,t done a hard reset & don't really want to unless it stays this bad. I get "loading" all the time. The battery is sucking dry at a rapid rate. (never had this before) I lost Cortana. Not very happy about that..... And still can't get emails to work properly.

I think the problems you're experiencing make it a good candidate for a hard reset. I suggest you do it, you'd be amazed at how many issue it resolves.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
The only thing worst on this latest build is the battery life. Hot spot works, photos app got a better upgrade, and the os is faster. How can it be worst?

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Well I have a mixed feelings about this build.. I am seeing loading screen in almost all apps, even in basic phone and messaging app, I think these apps were better when they were baked into the OS.. Loading on phone app is just unacceptable.. There is weird scaling bug when you long press the back button for task switching.. Changing accent color is laggy, preview wouldn't even show your changed color and the changed color doesn't show up in settings app instantly.. Store is still very slow.. My battery indicator is broken since last build or maybe my battery itself has some issues, so can't comment on it.. All in all after more than a month I can't say this build is any better than the last one.. It's just same.. Couple of fixes here and couple of new problems there... Doesn't seem faster!!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
On my L930

While there have been a number of welcome fixes, the most critical bugs ("unwanted features") remain,

"Loading..." and "Resuming..."

Upgraded from 10512, through the two builds, and ended at 10536.1004. Then Hard Reset.

Load back apps. I've loaded about 50 apps, personalized the Start screen with pic background, color change, and created multiple app folders (using built-in feature), 7 app folders including the default folder created by MS.

Less than 24 hours with the new build, loading and resuming are back.

Both bugs reported to Microsoft (stating the obvious here, lest someone remind me.)

Resuming most often occurs when backing out of an app, to Start screen, and backing out of Start screen, to previous app.

Loading, no pattern identified yet. Came out of it on its own after a couple of minutes. On one occasion, much longer, and I had to play around with the Settings to try to force it out.

Hope others are having better luck and not seeing the same results.

On my L920

Upgrade from 10512 to 10536.1004, no hard reset, restore from backup.

Still working fine.

I only use this phone for podcasts while driving.

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Have installed the 10536 build on my Lumia 640xl.
This is the first time I have installed an insider build.
Feels smooth. But the loading-resuming brothers are still there. Sometimes, the start screen fails to load, it keeps on showing loading. I had to reboot my device twice to get the start screen working again.
Don't like the New edge browser. Everything looks weird here. The menu fonts look tiny. The browser itself is unresponsive a lot of times. The drop down menus in a website used to open in a much better way in the ie. No way to change the search engine. The option to change search engine is required as bing is a non starter in India, where I live.
I really missed the Facebook integration. The People Hub is now just a shadow of the glorious wp7 and wp8.1 people hub. Me tile is missing, all though it had lost a lot of good things in wp8.1 itself, but it was a good option to have. Really want the good things from wp8.1 and 7 to still exist while adding great things with w10m.

P.s., is there any way to bring back Facebook integration in people hub in windows 10 mobile?

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
This is the first time I have installed an insider build.
Welcome aboard, but keep in mind, there may be no way back, making this a one way trip :D :D :D

Feels smooth. But the loading-resuming brothers are still there. Sometimes, the start screen fails to load, it keeps on showing loading. I had to reboot my device twice to get the start screen working again.
Just switch to Settings page and change from firescreen wallpaper to tiles couple of times, it always fix issue on my 925 & 930...

I really missed the Facebook integration. The People Hub is now just a shadow of the glorious wp7 and wp8.1 people hub. Me tile is missing, all though it had lost a lot of good things in wp8.1 itself, but it was a good option to have. Really want the good things from wp8.1 and 7 to still exist while adding great things with w10m.

P.s., is there any way to bring back Facebook integration in people hub in windows 10 mobile?
Not for now unfortunately...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Build 10536 seems a bit worse performance wise compared to 10512 on my 640. Lock screen is better and for me that is the only noticeable improvement.Im definatlely seeing more issues in 10536.phantom touches,crashes. Battery is draining fast.I will probably go back to 8.1 at the weekend

Check in this area:
Settings > system > battery saver > battery use > change background app settings

Under this you'll find which apps can run in the background; you'll see a lot of apps that you don't need still running and consuming power. I've only enabled core apps to be able to run like messaging and phone

Try this and see if it makes a difference. There might be an app that consumes most of the battery by running in the background and you can switch it off

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The only thing worst on this latest build is the battery life. Hot spot works, photos app got a better upgrade, and the os is faster. How can it be worst?

Check in this area:
Settings > system > battery saver > battery use > change background app settings

Under this you'll find which apps can run in the background; you'll see a lot of apps that you don't need still running and consuming power. I've only enabled core apps to be able to run like messaging and phone

Try this and see if it makes a difference. There might be an app that consumes most of the battery by running in the background and you can switch it off

Ostbiten

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Yea, on my 830 I feel like this build is not as fast as the previous one, now I get this stupid resuming all the time. Previous build did actually resume apps instant for me without this resuming, for the most part. If they can't fix this loading and resuming things, I am afraid I am out ot windows phones...

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This I agree with. 10536 is lagging bad compared to 10512, but then again 10512 is worse compared to 10166, so really both builds are worse than 10166. I can only say this from experience, so you know don't go all whinecentral on me, I only got a couple phones available for testing but plenty of time to experiment in every possible way.

daniel cooper2

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Once again this build is terrible. They are having some real problems with w10m which has me worried. I just went back to 8.1. W10M is NOT going to be ready this year. The issues they having would have been fixed by build 3 if this was apple. It over a month to come out with this. I really like windows but this not going to make it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb