Build 10536 is worse compared to 10512

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
This build dissapointed me too. I kniw this is alpha software, but it's slower than previous build for me. Only battery life is better than onpl previous, but ressuming and loading are random, sometimes it resumes instantly, sometimes it takes much more time than on previous. Returning to start screen ofteen lags and is loading. Lockscreen delay isn't fixed, just happens less often.
And overall lagnin scroling is prrsent everywhere.
It's only sad that afyer a month there is such small improvment and even degrade in some things.
Lumia 735, 8.1.2 -> 10, hard reset after.

Josh Keisling

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I came from build 166 because I need a working hotspot. This new build runs great on my Lumia icon. You have to give new updates a couple of days to become optimized. Of course the first few hours battery life will be horrible and you will experience crashes and over heating etc. The only complaints I have so far are the people tile used to work now I just have blank circles and the photo live tile hardly shows any photos . The store is still a bit slow especially when checking for updates. But every build is getting better.
Will this be ready for an official release by October like it has been stated??... I don't know.probably not. Doesn't seem they are using the man power to get things done.
But of course apple or android do things faster that's because they have more staff devoted for these things. However you won't get the interactions and almost immediate feedback from them like you do with wp. When is the last time apple or android asked people to take a vote for what we want or ask feedback about there software? That's where wp is great

Terje Mathiesen

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I am seeing the same issues you are describing - the loading an resuming is far worse in 536 than 512 (L930). Also the lock screen issue is not completely gone. Plugging and unplugging the phone to power messes up the lock screen (date and time not showing up). More apps pending in the store (not able to install/uninstall) When will the Here-apps stop pending in the store??
I have not done a hard reset, and I won't do it if not required. I have a LOT of app-setting I don't want to loose.
I know tis is a technical preview, but subsequent builds should improve before they are released.

daniel cooper2

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I came from build 166 because I need a working hotspot. This new build runs great on my Lumia icon. You have to give new updates a couple of days to become optimized. Of course the first few hours battery life will be horrible and you will experience crashes and over heating etc. The only complaints I have so far are the people tile used to work now I just have blank circles and the photo live tile hardly shows any photos . The store is still a bit slow especially when checking for updates. But every build is getting better.
Will this be ready for an official release by October like it has been stated??... I don't know.probably not. Doesn't seem they are using the man power to get things done.
But of course apple or android do things faster that's because they have more staff devoted for these things. However you won't get the interactions and almost immediate feedback from them like you do with wp. When is the last time apple or android asked people to take a vote for what we want or ask feedback about there software? That's where wp is great
Manpower and resources is a easy fix for such a great company like Microsoft. I hope they start taking W10M seriously. It's like they got their C team working on this.

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I've installed build 536 on my 720 but it runs worse compared to 512.. 512 was very smooth..pinning tile from app drawer does not work(pins after sometime),apps take time to load.. I dont find any improvements over 512.. Is it just me or everybody's having this issue?

Agreed to most of the points laid down by several members in this thread .
was using build 10512 since the time it was out to the fast ring members, but 10536 isn't really an improvement , i find it practically the same and noticed the phone much more slow compared to the previous build. now i know some of you may say to perform a hard reset which i did , and started fresh but i haven't seen any improvements from the previous builds.
Start screen still freezes, "resuming and loading" still takes place even on a phone which has 2 gigs of ram , the Lumia camera app is still missing making my phone a paper weight (Lumia 1020) and i certainly don't think i would be upgrading to the official build till Microsoft integrates the lumia camera app as well.
Now i know this is just a technical preview but the list of bugs are being repeated with each build, i mean you practically have to be prepared with every app even the core apps like the phone dialer, contacts to take a couple of seconds to load with the "resuming.. and loading..."
yes the photos app is better agreed but its far form perfect, selection of multiple photos, zooming in and out of the pictures still causes the app to crash and return back to the start screen.
The mail app is still pathetic and misses the fluidness of the app on 8.1 and the linked inboxes.
Rolled back to 8.1 as of this evening .

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Got 10536 running on my L520. I did a hard reset before updating because I could not get pass the 80072f8f error.
Backup->hard reset->restore. Updated from 8.1 to 10536.0004. Took about 3 hours.
Ran slow this morning, store had 17 apps waiting to update, one of them was store.
Let store update, the rest went ok.
Seems to be faster to me, but the edge browser seems to be gone.
EDIT: found the browser.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
This build has been pretty good for me. The lock screen still delays a little but is far less noticeable now. But the bigger problem is now some apps are unresponsive to touch besides the tilt animation when you tap on an app and refuse to launch at all. Some other apps only launch from the ap list like the Store app. Not too many more issues beyond that that I have discovered.

Had similar issue. Hard reset with no backup restore.

every build you install requires a hard reset and starting from scratch.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Had similar issue. Hard reset with no backup restore.

every build you install requires a hard reset and starting from scratch.
I had a feeling about that but I don't want to do all that every single time we get a new build. I must admit though the last time I did a hard reset everything was much faster. I hope they find a better way to deliver new builds without requiring the users to do hard resets and re-download all the apps again.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I am seeing the same issues you are describing - the loading an resuming is far worse in 536 than 512 (L930). Also the lock screen issue is not completely gone. Plugging and unplugging the phone to power messes up the lock screen (date and time not showing up). More apps pending in the store (not able to install/uninstall) When will the Here-apps stop pending in the store??
I have not done a hard reset, and I won't do it if not required. I have a LOT of app-setting I don't want to loose.
I know tis is a technical preview, but subsequent builds should improve before they are released.

It's always required. that's the point. You're in alpha testing. I had issues like people describe but I reset and started fresh and now resuming barely shows up. The phone still gets hot but not as hot as in previous build. The battery is being eaten more but also hard reset sets touch sensitivity to high, double tap to wake which both eat battery and all apps generally are allowed in background. So I modified the apps now and will see how the battery goes. That's pretty much my main complaint. Most stable release so far and this is a lumia 830.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I had a feeling about that but I don't want to do all that every single time we get a new build. I must admit though the last time I did a hard reset everything was much faster. I hope they find a better way to deliver new builds without requiring the users to do hard resets and re-download all the apps again.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

I agree. The final needs to update smoothly with no issues. I think part of them making every 8.1 unit get GDR 2 is to prep for the final update. But even on desktop a lot of users are forced to do clean install which is really not cool of MS. Though my bro never had to and things went great for him. I never had to either but I had 1 issue i tried to fix with it, it was not fixed. Seems like it will be an update fix.

Josh Keisling

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
They do have their c team working on it . They are laying off Wm people because lets face it there isn't enough people using windows mobile to take serious and start adding money and staff into it . That's the sad fact
Just be happy that there are still some people trying

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

you can do an "app + settings" backup and then go back to 8.1. Your backup will help you get the settings and apps back. Make sure that while you are on 8.1, you download all the apps that you want like Here maps. Only then do you start the upgrade process to 10536. I used the backup the first time and it even arranged my tiles exactly the way they were

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Welcome aboard, but keep in mind, there may be no way back, making this a one way trip :D :D :D

Just switch to Settings page and change from firescreen wallpaper to tiles couple of times, it always fix issue on my 925 & 930...

Not for now unfortunately...

Thanks a lot!
I really like windows 10 mobile OS. It's shaping up pretty well. I hope that they bring back the Facebook integration. I can see Twitter in the what's new section of the peoples hub, but no Facebook. Have the Facebook app installed. When went through settings in people hub to add social apps, it shows Facebook as the only option and shows it as installed, but shows nothing from Facebook in people hub's what's new section!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot!
I really like windows 10 mobile OS. It's shaping up pretty well. I hope that they bring back the Facebook integration. I can see Twitter in the what's new section of the peoples hub, but no Facebook. Have the Facebook app installed. When went through settings in people hub to add social apps, it shows Facebook as the only option and shows it as installed, but shows nothing from Facebook in people hub's what's new section!

Facebook integration is working with People app. I think you need to first allow "Connect to my Phone" feature from facebook app (you'll find it in Facebook settings) and then click on Sync Now. Once synced, it should show Facebook feeds in People app.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Facebook integration is working with People app. I think you need to first allow "Connect to my Phone" feature from facebook app (you'll find it in Facebook settings) and then click on Sync Now. Once synced, it should show Facebook feeds in People app.

This. I think Microsoft is moving away from an integrated people hub out-of-box-experience and more toward app integration with the people hub. This is why both Twitter and Facebook import contacts into the people hub in Windows 10, rather than it being linked with your Microsoft account as it was before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99