Is WM 10536 ready for daily driving on Lumia 920?

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My daily driver is a 920, and I don't currently have an extra Windows Phone to test with. I did the Windows 10 Insiders program months before that rolled out, and would love to start playing with the new bits for the phone.

What I need to be solid is of course the regular phone functions, plus mail, calendar, people, and Internet Sharing. I also listen to music constantly using Bluetooth, so I'd like that to be working. Plus Camera and a handful of apps including 6tag and Netflix. I only use the English (American) keyboard.

Is this build up to the challenge? Has anybody experienced data loss in any apps? I would be jumping straight from 8.1 of course.

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
In my experience, don't. I'm using my only one 920 as Mobile Preview since the first build. The latest build is not stable enough for daily driver. The most stable for me I'd build 10512 and before that (I forgot the number).

This build 10536 is only so poor in start screen. You can't pin/unpin properly. The notification in tiles wont disappear. But overall, beside everything in start screen is good and responsive. If you can handle with slow and unresponsive Start Screen, go ahead. But I don't recommend it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)