Outlook Email - will not download graphics content

Delonm

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I installed the Windows Preview version 10536 on my HTC One M8 yesterday. I did a device reset afterward. I added my home email account to my phone (POP3 through Frontier). Now the Outlook client will not display or download any email that has HTML content or an attachment. I tap on the "Download message and pictures" link in the email body and the animated dots start to move across the top of the screen but nothing ever loads. Even for small (16KB) messages.

I have also enabled the "download full message" option in settings, but it does not make a difference.

Any thoughts on what may be causing this?

Thanks,

David

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Non I'm sorry to say, The outlook email in WP10 preview is awful in my opinion. your stuck on the light theme rather than having the option of using a dark theme which is much better on one's eyes.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It will download the attachments, although it may take a while. Sometimes I find it helps if I cancel the download (tap it while downloading) and retry. Although slow, it always downloads.

However, graphics that are added in the body and not as attachments will not sure.

Delonm

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
The account is a POP3 account through Frontier. Unfortunately they do not offer an IMAP option.

I finally saw an error message yesterday. It is stating the POP3 server does not support partial message downloads. Even though I have the setting checked to download the full message.

This is incredibly frustrating. I have no issues with this email account on my iPad or my previous iPhone. I also had an Android phone a few years ago and it did not have any issues retrieving email from my Frontier account. Email is one of the primary uses of a mobile device these days. Ugh.

I am hoping this is just a Win 10 beta thing.

Thanks,

David

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The mail client is the same as the one on Windows 10. It has been rather buggy on both platforms but seems to be frequently updated.

Basic functionalities across the board have been one of the problems with Windows 10. In an effort to make Continuum it seems some mobile functionality has been neglected.

At least on the desktop it's easier to open up webmail or the full Outlook version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos