I Can't Activate Cortana on WM 10 Build 10536.1004

Moises N G

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I live in Brazil and can't activate Cortana.

Previously I had it but now, I don't know why, I can't activate Cortana.

I'm using WM 10 build 10536.1004.
Language is English (US), Region is United States.
Regional Format is English US (I also tried to left this option as Match phone language, but it didn't work).
Keyboard is only English US.
In Speech there's no language and I can't add a language (when I tap on Add a language nothing appears).
When I tap on the search button and go to the hamburger menu - settings appears Cortana isn't supported in the region and language I've selected.

Does anybody can help me? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ivaylo varadinov

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
i have similar issue, but in my case region and keyboard are set to english (uk) and speech is set to english (us). downloading either the us keyboard language or the uk speech language packs results in error.

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The same issue. For me, Search redirects to the built-in Yandex app. If you uninstall the app, then it redirects to yandex.com. Has been this way since the last build.

The issue was reported here-and-there on the Feedback app. Hopefully the team takes notice.

Moises N G

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Maurizio it will be great when they release Cortana here in Brazil. In my case the problem then will continue, I want Cortana in English, not Portuguese.

Moises N G

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Finally I could install Cortana. But I had to downgrade to Windows 8.1 e set all things there (languages, region, keyboards etc.). After that I get Cortana installing Windows Insider app and only after that I "re"-upgraded to Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb