I Found a Solution for 0X80073CF9 on Mobile

ellosval

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I found a solution... I can't believe I didn't try this earlier.

I had the same problem and I tried all the options in this thread with the apps that allowed me to uninstall (News, Feedback Hub, etc) and worked, but I couldn't uninstall some of them because they were system apps (Groove, Camera, etc). There was only one app not giving me error 0X80073CF9, and that was Whatsapp. It said it needed to override the setting to install apps on SD card and after I accepted that, it'd give me the same error again.

I changed the setting to make all new apps to install in This Device (instead of SD Card), and tried installing Whatsapp. It did. So after that, I just tried installing all the other ones. I just hit Check for Updates and hit Update All and they all installed with no problem.

I think my problem was that all the ones that were left behind, with the error, were apps that needed to be in the phone's memory (all the other ones I could update using the steps above). I guess this build could have a problem overriding that setting or something... but after a couple of days trying different options and weighing the possibility of hard resetting the phone... I can say the solution was pretty simple.

randymadden

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
For anyone who is still not able to solve this: I found what must be the most un-intuitive solution on Microsoft's site, and it actually worked for me (when none of the above solutions did): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...f-i-cannot-download-or-update-apps-from-store

Here are the steps:

On your phone
Check that your phone is set to the correct date and time.
Select Settings > Time and language > Date+time (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > date+time).
Turn Set date and time automatically to Off, and manually set the current date, time and zone.
Sync your Microsoft account manually and check its status.
Select People > ... > Settings, tap and hold your Microsoft (Outlook) account and select Synchronize (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > email+accounts, tap and hold Microsoft (Windows Live) account and select sync).
Wait your phone to sync and then continue to the next step. If you get an error, use your browser and try searching online to find a support article for the error code.
Go to Store and check if any app or game remains in the downloading phase without finishing, cancel all the pending downloads, restart your phone and then manually check for app or game update from Store. We recommend that you keep your phone connected to a charger and WiFi network when checking for app updates.

Select Store > Menu > Download and updates (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Store > ... > downloads), or tap the icon that shows a count of the pending downloads.
If any of them indicates an error, see the details, then tap on it for more details. To delete an app from the queue, tap on the app and tap X to stop the download and remove it from the queue. Lumia with Windows Phone 8: If any of them indicates Attention required, tap on it for more details. To delete an app from the queue, tap and hold it, then select cancel download.
Lumia with Windows 10: Make sure your phone doesn’t have a software update pending by going to Settings > Update & security > Phone update.
Restart your phone and start the manual check for app updates. Go to Store > Menu > Download and updates (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Store > … > settings, tap check for updates). At the bottom of the screen you will see Check for updates. After checking for updates, select Update all from the top of the screen.
Keep your phone connected to a charger and WiFi network and leave it untouched while it’s attempting to download the app updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720