I Found a Solution for 0X80073CF9 on Mobile

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I think I have found a fix for the 0X80073CF9 error in the mobile store which has been bedeviling some of my apps in the newest Insider Preview, and will probably be an ongoing issue in the future. I managed to use this method successfully twice, although YMMV.

1. Try updating the app in the store's update page until you get the 0X80073CF9 error.

2. Cancel the update/download.

3. Search the app in the store and go directly to the app's page. It should then offer you the option again to update.

4. Update from the app's page. This "update" will probably be a different size than the one that was giving you the error.
4a. Note, you may have to try this update more than once, and you may get a different error, but one that is fixable with a retry.

5. You should get a message that "this product is installed" and then the "update" button will change to "open"
5a. The "open" button just doesn't open the app. I don't know why.

6. You should be able to open the app again from the app list/home screen. If not, soft reset and it should work then.

Again, ymmv but I got this to work twice. Not the best process, but certainly better than not having the apps (especially uber AND realarm in my case)!

EDIT: I am using a Lumia 1520 on ATT

Last edited:

BernardSheppard

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
This didn't quite work for me - but something very similar did...

Steps 1 and 2 as above, Step 3 don't download, switch back to start, swipe to all apps, uninstall the offending app, switch back to store, app is probably already downloading - if not hit install.

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Excellent! Uninstall was usually grayed-out for me before I discovered my solution, although I guess I had not tried it after canceling an update

Thej Siddhotam

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
You are genius. Worked like a charm after following ur steps in exact order. One additional thing I had to do before all this, turn off automatically update my apps when i connect to wifi..

honda accord 99

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
1- close the Update from ( update page).
2- delete the app from the main list.
3- search for the app in the store.
4- hit on FREE button and the app will start downloading .
The new download contains the last updates.
Hope this works fine with you.

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
1- close the Update from ( update page).
2- delete the app from the main list.
3- search for the app in the store.
4- hit on FREE button and the app will start downloading .
The new download contains the last updates.
Hope this works fine with you.

The more solutions the merrier! I was about to pull out what little hair I had left over this dumb issue, and no threads addressed it on mobile.

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
"One additional thing I had to do before all this, turn off automatically update my apps when i connect to wifi.. "

I didn't have to. I noticed that it seemed a little random - I'd get a bunch of apps to successfully update, and a few would get stuck, and then I'd power off and back on, and get more apps to install.

xaase

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
found another solution, when you can't update and you can't uninstall the app.
1. cancel the download/update
2. put your device in airplane mode
3. restart your device
4. now you should be able to uninstall the updating app
5. after uninstall, turn down the airplane mode
6. re download the complete app.

skarebrian

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for coming in late here, but a new version of this problem just arose for me.

I had about 10 apps on my SD card, with a Lumia 735.

Just joined Preview W 10 mobile and got updated to 1511 .... 107.

Something weired happened to my SD card and all those apps. Tiles were all faded out - said there was not an SD card.

Have managed to delete most of the apps and re-install - to my phone as advised here, but the HERE suite of Maps, Drive and Transit refuse to be installed - cannot see either if they are on the phone anywhere.
Have taken out my SD card completely until I get this solved.
I also understand they are two different versions of the HERE suite and have chosen the right one.

Found a different error code last night 0x80242022.
Any ideas ?

Seems like something still trying to load to an SD card.

Brian:straight:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for coming in late here, but a new version of this problem just arose for me.

I had about 10 apps on my SD card, with a Lumia 735.

Just joined Preview W 10 mobile and got updated to 1511 .... 107.

Something weired happened to my SD card and all those apps. Tiles were all faded out - said there was not an SD card.

Have managed to delete most of the apps and re-install - to my phone as advised here, but the HERE suite of Maps, Drive and Transit refuse to be installed - cannot see either if they are on the phone anywhere.
Have taken out my SD card completely until I get this solved.
I also understand they are two different versions of the HERE suite and have chosen the right one.

Found a different error code last night 0x80242022.
Any ideas ?

Seems like something still trying to load to an SD card.

Brian:straight:

Extract sd card, check it via laptop sd card reader (not fast check), install apps on phone memory and later move some of them on sd card (only the ones system permits to)

skarebrian

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Maurizio, Yes did all that - actually formated the SD to start all over.

Memory of HERE suite appears to be somewhere in phone/Store, apps will neither update or new install.

All 3 are in the Store update queue an give back fault code 0x80242022 - can I somehow cancel the queue in the Store ?

Brian

hkhasib

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes, I face this problem in Wi-Fi. That time i turn my cellular data on and install/update by using mobile data and it works fine. But i'm worried, This problem also may appear Windows 8/10 PC. In that case, You may need to just reset windows store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion