Device locked with no option to open! Tells to connect to power source.

Amithsiji

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if this solution is been given here..too long to read...so giving it one more time.

I had this problem and I found out a way...Go to you Find My Phone in Microsoft Account. Lock the phone with a 6 digit code...wait until you get the message on the website says it has been locked...then try to unlock with the new 6 digit code. and wuala...it will unlock your phone to start screen.....

aathmi

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
please help me someone ..... i am not getting any idea how to use my phone.. please someone save me from this trouble ...please need help... please please its a request

Sunit J

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
If your phone gets discharged completely, always charge it with the charger that comes with the phone, not with a cable or an alternative. Reason being, the cable charges the phone very slowly. (My lumia 730, and many windows phones i assume, cannot be charged when switched off. So as soon as you plug in the cable, it'll start up.) But this is not a good-enough amount of charge, for the phone to stay switched on. Hence, it switches off immediately. But being plugged in, starts up again and creates a loop. You can use the cable to charge the phone when it has enough charge though. @Sarveshwar: Thanks for posting your solution though. Helps out a lot!

sudesh kanade

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
Today morning, my Lumia got fully discharged. So, I connected it to the wall outlet and the screen showed NOKIA logo, then the large battery and then switched off. Again same thing happened. I then plugged in my phone to the laptop but the same thing was repeated. I left the phone connected to the laptop. After about half an hour, I double tapped the screen and it had charged but after I entered the PIN correctly, a note appeared that read "This device has been locked for security reasons. Connect your device to a power source for at least two hours, then try again".

View attachment 112470

I could access only notification centre by swiping down and everything worked there like flight mode, bluetooth etc. I was able to save screenshots. I could receive a call too. I am not sure why this happened. Does anyone have any idea?

View attachment 112471

I then left my phone for over two hours connected to power source but nothing happened. It would still not unlock.

Then I headed over to the Microsoft website and locked my device from my account with a 6 digit PIN. Then, I was able to unlock the phone using that PIN.

By the way, I am using Windows 10 Mobile 10536.1004. If anyone faces the issue, you already have the solution. :)

hey ,today morning i faced the same issue on my lumia 640xl. the problem arrived when i was travelling on low power.
well without a reset it was unlocked using this method.
thanks for the post.
hope it will help lot of others such as me

Vishnu Vijayan1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Today morning, my Lumia got fully discharged. So, I connected it to the wall outlet and the screen showed NOKIA logo, then the large battery and then switched off. Again the same thing happened. I then plugged in my phone to the laptop but the same thing was repeated. I left the phone connected to the laptop. After about half an hour, I double tapped the screen and it had charged but after I entered the PIN correctly, a note appeared that read "This device has been locked for security reasons. Connect your device to a power source for at least two hours, then try again".

View attachment 112470

I could access only notification centre by swiping down and everything worked there like flight mode, Bluetooth etc. I was able to save screenshots. I could receive a call too. I am not sure why this happened. Does anyone have any idea?

View attachment 112471

I then left my phone for over two hours connected to the power source but nothing happened. It would still not unlock.

Then I headed over to the Microsoft website and locked my device from my account with a 6 digit PIN. Then, I was able to unlock the phone using that PIN.

By the way, I am using Windows 10 Mobile 10536.1004. If anyone faces the issue, you already have the solution. :)

hi,

I am facing the same issue but it only happens when my mobile booting itself. if I remove my mobile from the charger within 10 minutes it began to restart.it will happen for 2-3 times then my mobile gets locked itself. what will be the issue of rebooting? is it because of any updating.please reply

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon