Windows Insider Configuration Update

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
This is only a configuration update. Migrating apps also occurs when a keyboard is added, so it doesn't mean anything.

Ang it's the 3rd time we get a Fast ring configuration update. Last time, we got a build the same week IIRC.

I have been trying to add a different language keyboard for a while now. It always failed with couldn't download suggestions and tap to retry. After this configuration update it's working!!

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
For your language pack issue (now solved), you didn't need a new update. What you needed to do (and will need to do in the future) :
a) after a new build install, if you hard reset the device, your phone doesn't "know" it's on insider preview
b) so when you try to download languages etc. WUpdate checks the wrong catalog
c) the quickfix is: re-run windows insider (the app), re-enroll to fast ring, and then check again the language/speech/keyboards packs.

It works 100%, I've discovered this trick 3 or so builds ago, and it's a routine for me now. I've adviced this on many forums and Twitter, including for the latest build, and it solved 100% of the "failed to install, attention required" errors ;)

So it's probably more than simply that, but I'm glad your langugage/keyboard issue is solved now.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Not a 100 percent sure but after configuration update my Lumia 1020 is flying, the performance is amazing, and the photos hub looks so crisp!

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
For your language pack issue (now solved), you didn't need a new update. What you needed to do (and will need to do in the future) :
a) after a new build install, if you hard reset the device, your phone doesn't "know" it's on insider preview
b) so when you try to download languages etc. WUpdate checks the wrong catalog
c) the quickfix is: re-run windows insider (the app), re-enroll to fast ring, and then check again the language/speech/keyboards packs.

It works 100%, I've discovered this trick 3 or so builds ago, and it's a routine for me now. I've adviced this on many forums and Twitter, including for the latest build, and it solved 100% of the "failed to install, attention required" errors ;)

So it's probably more than simply that, but I'm glad your langugage/keyboard issue is solved now.

Ahh most likely because when I saw the article and my update wasn't coming through i went into the insider app and enrolled again. Thanks for the info. :)

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Got the update as well. No info about it when "Details" is clicked on the Update screen. Loads of apps got updates afterwards as well and there was still the usual suspects erroring out during the update. Skype was a spotty update but it eventually took. Whole process took about 30 minutes.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
It's funny all the perceived changes. It was a 0.17MB update which Gabe Aul says "It's a configuration pkg that allows us to target your device in the right ring. Get if you've switched Fast/Slow at some point"

There should actually be 0 changes.

Ahmed Ebrahim3

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
my 640 xl build 10536 still at 0% for 5 days ago and all my apps in store (pending ) and could,not update and i can,t download any apps from store ???please help

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It's funny all the perceived changes. It was a 0.17MB update which Gabe Aul says "It's a configuration pkg that allows us to target your device in the right ring. Get if you've switched Fast/Slow at some point"

Can you confirm that it's 0.17MB in size and no more? Don't have wifi and cellular data is expensive

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Any system update you do over cell data will tell you how big it is and ask to confirm before you do it. I did the update over cell so it did tell me, and if I'm remembering right it said 0.17MB. It takes literally seconds to download and prepare for update.

That being said there may be more data transfer as it does seem to prompt a full reinstall of the OS. So there may be backup and app transfer after the install.

dhaditz

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I get this error: 0x80073712 on my 925 when the gears were stopped and suddenly goes into lock screen.
Can anyone help me about this? Please please help....

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

There are no changes in performance / battery life. It is just the wishful thinking of the desperate fanboys that the release date is so close. And if people notice some performance improvements it is simply from restarting the device...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise