I disabled Location service on the latest TP build and the result is surprisingly good...

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Two days ago I decide to make some test in attempt to fix poor battery performance on the latest build and after numerous unsuccessful attempts, reducing background apps and stuff like that I decide to try to turn off location services and I'm truly shocked with the result!!

The battery performance on my 930 is increased like 200% or even more not to mention that I also get rid of device heating completely. Anyone willing to try and give us result? I'm curious if someone will get similar results?

Last edited:

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
My L1520 is good with location services on. Maybe it's not the location services per se, maybe it's the change that shook up the OS. Try turning it back on, if the problem returns.

erfanjafar

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I had noticed that my battery drained more when I switched from location on and off. Tried keeping it off for better battery and the result was good. But couldn't live without Cortana so had the location on again and it didn't affect the battery.

My battery is affected whenever I play with settings on a regular basis like switching cellular data on/off or location on/off as per requirements. But the battery performs good when I do not touch the settings, keeping it on without switching it off for days gives me results as good as keeping it off.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I had noticed that my battery drained more when I switched from location on and off. Tried keeping it off for better battery and the result was good. But couldn't live without Cortana so had the location on again and it didn't affect the battery..
Yeah, same here, I turned it on because of Cortana but after turning it ON again my battery performance remains at acceptable level, so far so good...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb