Data Hog - L830 w/W10M 10536.1004

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been using W10M as my daily driver for a few months now, and all has been fine up until I updated to 10536. Since updating, my phone has completely burnt through its allotted data--3gb (my plan) and 7.9gb (my overage stash)--and now I'm out of usable, high-speed data for this month.

My first reaction was to check my "Data Usage" under the settings menu, but there wasn't anything unordinarily high about anything. When I went to check my "Data Usage" this week, the app crashes to Start. Every. Single. Time. The irony isn't lost on me.

Has anyone else experienced this? W10M suddenly sapping huge amounts of data? Is there any recourse for a guy whose phone just chomped through $60 of data, or does this fall under the EULA for using W10M?

Any help or insight is much, much appreciated. Looks like I'm wiping and starting over again tonight.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Since installing 10536 about 10 days ago I've used 45MB of cellular data and 2GB of wi-fi data. 0.75GB used by System (hard reset?), the remaining majority by Edge and Windows Central app. No problem opening Data Usage here.

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I did notice that maybe there's a problem with the Podcasts syncing options: it no longer simply lists "Update only over Wi-Fi" but says "Update only over Wi-Fi or unlimited data plans"--which may be the problem. Turning it off would allow syncing over data, but maybe even with it on, the app doesn't know how to interpret my prepaid "unlimited" plan of 3gb high-speed data, unlimited 2G after that...

Thanks for the reply. Out of curiosity, what phone are you using?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos