So, I switched from slow to fast ring today, and I tried to download the updates to the latest version of Win10 preview.

I was in a place with wifi and it seemed to take forever, with nothing. After a while, it started to download and I got to the point where it said that it was installing. From there, my screen timed out because I had to stop messing with my phone (Jury Duty, awesome). When I came back to the phone, the updates had not installed.

Is it possible that the screen timeout stopped the install?

Then, I came back later and tried again, and it says I have several updates. I have a good wifi connection, but the phone is sitting on 0% for about 45 minutes now with no movement.

Any ideas here? Should I leave it sit all night and see if it installs? Will it download and install if the screen times out?

Thanks in advance.
    09-23-2015 10:30 PM
    Will it download and install if the screen times out? .
    Well, if nothing else I can confirm that it has nothing 'screen time out'....

What build you are running currently? If you where on slow ring it is 512 I guess or you are trying to get latest build from 8.1 directly?
    09-24-2015 12:32 AM
    So, I switched from slow to fast ring today, and I tried to download the updates to the latest version of Win10 preview.

I was in a place with wifi and it seemed to take forever, with nothing. After a while, it started to download and I got to the point where it said that it was installing. From there, my screen timed out because I had to stop messing with my phone (Jury Duty, awesome). When I came back to the phone, the updates had not installed.

Is it possible that the screen timeout stopped the install?

Then, I came back later and tried again, and it says I have several updates. I have a good wifi connection, but the phone is sitting on 0% for about 45 minutes now with no movement.

Any ideas here? Should I leave it sit all night and see if it installs? Will it download and install if the screen times out?

Thanks in advance.
    The last Fast ring build actually contains two builds, and I've seen people leaving phones as much as 2hrs or even more, so just let it sit. As long as you see those rings going in circles you're ok. And one more thing, your screen can't time out during the updates.
    09-24-2015 01:21 AM
    It can definitely time out if it is still at the part of downloading the updates, which is where it is stuck. I know the actual install takes a good deal of time, but I can't even get to that point.
    09-24-2015 08:26 AM