"extras+info can't be opened" during setup of new W10M TP

Yakko Warner

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So I thought I'd take the plunge and get my 810 in the Insider Preview. I tried the update, got caught in a reboot loop, and decided to use the Recovery Tool to start over. (My phone hasn't been reset since I got it 3 years ago, so it probably needed it anyway.)

With the phone reset, I set it up and started the process of installing update after update. Installed the Preview for Developers app, got it back up to 8.1, and then attempted to go to Windows 10. (I opted for "slow ring".)

When the Windows 10 build finally installed, it couldn't connect to my cell or Wi-Fi, so I rebooted it, and it got stuck in a reboot loop again. I did the hard reset, and started going through the setup procedure. Logged in with my Microsoft account, it spent some time setting up apps, and then it got to what looked like the final stage:

"Almost done
You're just about done setting up your phone. Next, we'll walk you through setting up your warranty."

Hit the "Next" button, and got a popup that said, "extras+info can't be opened. An app update may be available in the Store." Tapping the "Ok" button just closed the popup and brought me back to the "Almost done" page. Rebooting the phone just brought me right back to the "Almost done" step.

So I guess I'm going back to 8.1. But is there any way I can report this issue (since I can't get to Windows 10 to submit feedback in the Insider Hub)?

Yakko Warner

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
You might try the fast ring.

I can try that (wasn't planning on using my phone much today anyway); I'm just concerned that I'm going to get in the same mess with a bad version of extras+info installed and not being able to set up the phone to update it.

Yakko Warner

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Huh. Got to the exact same point. Except now instead of giving me the message about "extras+info", the "Next" button on the "Almost done..." screen does... absolutely nothing.

So I rebooted, and... I'm in! Go figure.

Things I did differently this time:
  • After the 8.1 update, made sure to let all apps finish updating before launching the Insider app to enable the 10 build.
  • Selected the Fast Ring.
  • Connected to a Wi-Fi network after hard-resetting when the phone was in the reboot loop after installing 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes