10-15-2015 11:11 PM
58 123
tools
    Like the round icon animations on the people app.
    Interestingly enough...
    Pinned contacts is one of the oddest things about Windows 10 Mobile, in my opinion.
    I've been back on 8.1, for a couple days, and I so enjoy seeing a bigger square image of the contact (even using the small tile is more visible).
    When you add the circular crop and the black background (the cropped area isn't transparent), the contact's image just seems so small (even though the tile is a little bigger, due to smaller margins).
    Plus, the medium tile doesn't even work (it doesn't show the picture, at all).
    It just makes my Start Screen look lousy.
    JJ
    10-06-2015 11:58 AM
    Interestingly enough...
    Pinned contacts is one of the oddest things about Windows 10 Mobile, in my opinion.
    I've been back on 8.1, for a couple days, and I so enjoy seeing a bigger square image of the contact (even using the small tile is more visible).
    When you add the circular crop and the black background (the cropped area isn't transparent), the contact's image just seems so small (even though the tile is a little bigger, due to smaller margins).
    Plus, the medium tile doesn't even work (it doesn't show the picture, at all).
    It just makes my Start Screen look lousy.
    JJ
    Plus they don't do anything other than move around. No feeds, no notifications, history, etc. They just make the start screen look ugly. :(

It has been reduced to android level functionality.
    10-06-2015 02:03 PM
    Plus they don't do anything other than move around. No feeds, no notifications, history, etc. They just make the start screen look ugly. :(

It has been reduced to android level functionality.
    Feeds and notifications - yes
    History - no
    10-06-2015 06:04 PM
    You are getting the notifications? I wasn't getting it on the latest build. I only see feeds at the top level and not individual, such as a pinned person.
    10-06-2015 08:05 PM
    You are getting the notifications? I wasn't getting it on the latest build. I only see feeds at the top level and not individual, such as a pinned person.
    Yes I do get it at an individual level, at least for contacts synced with Facebook. Though I don't get anything for contacts pinned within groups...such a bummer :-/
    michail71 likes this.
    10-06-2015 08:11 PM
    Weird, I couldn't get it to happen for anything. Even went through a reset before reverting back to 8.1. I ran through tests with my son to make sure. Although, I did see some message notifications fail even at the app level. But I think that had to do with the Skype beta. The other tests I did were sms, calls and email. None of them banner notified the pinned contact.

This is good news anyway. Banner notifications to a person I can't be without. History would be wonderful to have.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    10-06-2015 09:17 PM
    Have you guys tested Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 pre release before? Microsoft isn't in sync with it's "insiders", we are sometimes 3 or 4 builds behind them. They've said this many times and these are still the same complaints you see from "testers". A lot of their more cutting edge builds aren't quite stable(and if they gave it to us anyways that would be the new thing to ***** about) and they seem to only release what they want. Even in RTM Windows 7 and 8 had tiny issues that just seemed to magically disappear on release.

This is test software, period. We are not in sync with Microsoft, period.
    Agreed. Builds are released for specific reasons not just general usage testing. Testers rarely know the real reasons for testing.
    10-06-2015 09:19 PM
    Feeds and notifications - yes
    History - no
    I was never able to get people tile notifications on the previous or current build. I even did a reset from the start this time. All the pinned people tiles do is roll those damn circles around as if it's the most important thing to ever happen to smart phones. If I get a text the message icon gets a badge but not the person's tile. Same for email and calls.

Honestly, the people app in Windows 10 makes the smart phone experience garbage. It sucks so damn bad it's almost funny. Horrible, really really horrible armature software design. It's just Windows 10 running on a phone as an app launcher and no smartphone optimizations.

If all we did was put the old one back this would make for a good phone OS. They ported the desktop people app to the phone, which has no smart phone features.

No reason we should have to wait two years for it to get fixed when it already had been working great and on earlier WP10 builds. It was ruined later on in the development cycle.
    10-15-2015 11:11 PM
58 123