Has action centre inline reply been added to Windows 10 mobile?

Darren Deighton

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Action centre inline reply

Has Inline reply been added to the text messaging yet on Windows 10 mobile? I see the video's with Joe Belfiore. And I'm sure I had it on a previous build. But no sign of it, on the latest build 10536. I swipe down, and can reply to a text in action centre, but not from the start screen.

Darren Deighton

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: inline reply

The short answer is yes it is there. Because I kept tapping the hamburger button of the message, and I could reply in line, without even having to enter my phone pin. But it could do with improvement, to make it easier to open. It's easy to miss at the moment.
Just do a small swipe downwards, rather than long one. A long swipe will open in action centre. A short swipe down, allows in line reply. It's almost too easy to miss a great feature.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Action centre inline reply

I remember a video where slide right = remove a single notice, slide left = quick answer. Nothing of that, I have to slight lightly down in lock screen (not in start screen :( )
It owrks only in Messages, no Whatsapp

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: inline reply

The short answer is yes it is there. Because I kept tapping the hamburger button of the message, and I could reply in line, without even having to enter my phone pin. But it could do with improvement, to make it easier to open. It's easy to miss at the moment.
Just do a small swipe downwards, rather than long one. A long swipe will open in action centre. A short swipe down, allows in line reply. It's almost too easy to miss a great feature.

Oh seems I misunderstood you :) I thought you meant, tapping on the message icon in the startscreen area and replying to the latest message without actually launching the app :/ Don't know why tho. The feature you were inquiring about, is still being filed as actionable notifications in my head. In any case, yes it is available and it works well in the current build. I had issues with being able to send the message, but works fine for me anyways

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss