Windows 10 Performance

redmisfitx

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 L830s. One with Windows Phone 8.1 and another one with the latest Windows Mobile 10 build. The difference in performance for both devices at this point is noticeable and sometimes frustrating.

My question is, do you guys think this is due to the WM10 probably being compiled in debug mode which basically emits debug symbols for every single variable and lacks any performance optimization; and that perhaps once the OS is ready for prime time and compiled in Release mode with all the code optimizations in place we might see performance similar to WP8.1 on older devices?

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently using it on pretty powerful L930 and I'm pretty satisfied with the latest build speed although I do see sees plenty of room for improvements here and there and it will be furthermore optimized till the finally release but I don't expect it to be lighting fast on budget devices...

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using it on pretty powerful L930 and I'm pretty satisfied with the latest build speed although I do see sees plenty of room for improvements here and there and it will be furthermore optimized till the finally release but I don't expect it to be lighting fast on budget devices...

I am impressed that yoy dont have delays in speed...
How many tiles you have and how many applications installed?
How many seconds you need to open the windows central application the photos the phone history?

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I quit the Lumia 1020 because the battery life was horrid on both 8.1 and W10M, sometimes 8 hrs, its doesn't work for me.

I am currently running 10536.1004 on HTC One M8, it has a 2.3 ghz quad core with 2 gb of RAM, and at first it did not perform well. I had gone back to W8.1 but like a kid I still wanted to mess with W10, so I upgraded again to W10M and almost went back two or three times, it lagged, it rebooted 6 to 8 times a day when I would open an app. The battery lasted 8 to 9 hrs at first.

I have stuck with it now for "10" days or so and yesterday it rebooted 1 time, I notice almost no lag even when looking at the photo app and it stops syncing in a few seconds, the battery was at 20% after 16 hours yesterday, I haven't had to charge in the evening for the last three days.

Cortana reads texts when listening to Bluetooth headset (which I do every day at work for 8 hours) but she isn't doing so good as in W8.1, she cannot understand voice commands and doesn't respond when told to read the texts, sometimes but usually not.

So far I am really satisfied with this build, Groove needs help but so did XBOX music so what's new?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes