Why am I unable to update my Windows Phone? (Error 80072f8f)

Renard dAllan

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Back in... February I think, I enrolled my Lumia 635 (512 MB of RAM) into the Windows Insider program and updated to two of the earliest builds of Windows 10 Mobile. However, because it was my daily driver and provided too many issues, I had to use the recovery tool to downgrade it to Windows Phone 8.1.

However, now that a build is pushed like I like, I decided I wanted Windows 10 Mobile again. So I installed the Windows Insider app, enrolled in Insider Slow, and waited for my phone to do its magic. Only problem? I kept getting Error 80072f8f.

After some research I came to the conclusion that this specific error only seems to trouble those with exclusively time/date issues, such as a localization or month problem. However, soft reboot after soft reboot and change after change, my time and date seem to be spot on and my locaisation settings are correct.

What should I do? Any advice or suggestions would be awesome X3 thanks you guys!

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, maybe you should try to remove insider app, re-install it, re-signin and re-join fast or slow ring and than try again, if nothing helps there is a hard reset as ultimate solution...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon