Apps update over data connection?

MishuRO

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
No matter how I setup my data connection/data sense, etc, my apps update only over WiFi. I have a truly unlimited data package so I don't care about traffic, I don't want to wait to be in WiFi range to update an app. What can I do?

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
i have the same issue but only during the initial upgrade, when all apps reinstall. After they install once, then upgrades happen over mobile data. I have datasense set to unlimited, data usage set to "use cellular data..."

MishuRO

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
i have the same issue but only during the initial upgrade, when all apps reinstall. After they install once, then upgrades happen over mobile data. I have datasense set to unlimited, data usage set to "use cellular data..."

That's the situation I'm talking about. I installed a new build yesterday and it had to update almost all the apps, plus install the ones from my backup. I lost a lot of time by not being near a WiFi connection (driving home) and it simply didn't want to update them over network data. I'll check if it has the same behavior when there is a regular update. Thanks for the answer.

MishuRO

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
It worked (Thank God). I just saw an update on Store (Field Medic) and it downloaded/installed over network. Most likely it's only at the big bulk of updates after a reset/re-soft. Thank you all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99