Photos Sync with OneDrive

wembley99

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

Apologies if I'm covering old ground. Have searched everywhere and can't see anything on this subject.

I'm a big fan of OneDrive and whilst on 8.1 was very happy that my phone auto-uploaded my Camera Roll and Saved Pics folders to OneDrive. This meant I was able to move the pictures to more appropriate folders on my PC later and then I could delete the versions on my phone without any issues.

Since upgrading to 10, I find that even after I've moved files on my PC, deleting the photo on my phone also then deletes it wherever I've stored it on OneDrive.

Clicking the option to show separate files when 2 images are the same (ie separating the actual file from it's OneDrive version) in the photos app doesn't seem to make a difference. And of course having this box unticked means I end up with duplicate photos in my Photos App.

I just want the functionality that OneDrive backs up my photos, not that my phone and onedrive are in a constant 2 way sync, so I can later remove the phone versions without impacting on my saved files in OD...

Any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Lumia 930 on 10.0.10536.1004

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Open OneDrive, go to the hamburger menu in the upper left corner. Go to the cogwheel in the upper right corner. Go to the camera upload section and switch the camera upload function on.

wembley99

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Open OneDrive, go to the hamburger menu in the upper left corner. Go to the cogwheel in the upper right corner. Go to the camera upload section and switch the camera upload function on.

Thanks for your reply but you misunderstand. Clearly already I have the camera upload function on. What I want is the ability to then delete the copies on my phone without the onedrive versions being deleted too. i.e. Just one way sync, which is what i had on 8.1...

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok so here is the way I do it and it works great for me. First of all I do not auto upload photo's to one drive. I take a picture it saves to the phone (device) the if I want it saved in OneDrive I use a app called Metro File Manger which i use for all my file moving by the way much better than file explorer, I move or make a copy of the photo to OneDrive, folder location I want and done. You will still show a copy of that photo in the hub but it is stored in OneDrive. If you click on the photo, info you will see were it's stored OneDrive or device (phone)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss