Camera hangs on Saving after taking a picture, how can I fix this?

aman207

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Camera hangs on "Saving" after taking a picture

Whenever I take a picture, the lumia camera (or just the regular camera app) always says "Saving" on the screen and I can't get rid of the text in order to take another picture, even after restarting.

Here's a screen cap of what it looks like:
//i.imgur.com/46smB53m.jpg

Has anyone encountered this problem and know how to get rid of it? Thanks.
P.S. If it makes a difference, this is a Lumia 1520 running latest Windows 10 preview.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Camera hangs on "Saving" after taking a picture

I have no such problems on my 930 neither on 925 but I saw couple of such or similar issues around so U are not alone in this for sure. Maybe you should try to hard reset your phone and give it a fresh start?

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

I have this on my 1520, I normally soft reset but it happens randomly and is frustrating.
Hopefully it will not happen in the next build - I don't want to hard reset again just yet.

aman207

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site

I have no such problems on my 930 neither on 925 but I saw couple of such or similar issues around so U are not alone in this for sure. Maybe you should try to hard reset your phone and give it a fresh start?

I have this on my 1520, I normally soft reset but it happens randomly and is frustrating.
Hopefully it will not happen in the next build - I don't want to hard reset again just yet.

I wanted to try to stay away from doing a reset, but I will eventually.
I noticed that the pictures are actually saved on the SD card, its just saved as a ".jpg.tmp" file. If I delete this file or rename it, the "saving" still shows on the camera.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Try saving to the phone itself, maybe bad card write. Make sure you have a good quality/class card.
Also try on your computer to check for card errors, the card may be corrupted.

hesus

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

I have the same problem on my 640 XL. Very frustrating, happens after maybe 3rd consecutive picture (or even at first, doesn't really matter). I really gave up on takind HDR pictures, since it always enters endless loop of SAVING. Also, phone removes some of my pictures taken recently. This has bren case for months and many builds. (I'm on Release Preview).

Boris Delev

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I found a way to fix that :) YEY

... if you try to restart (or remove batter) the phone u will notice that this message "Saving..." will continue to be issue.
BUT if you make a soft reset/restart (NOT delete or reset your phone), for example for my Lumia 930 is hold & press buttons Power and Volume down - wait 10 seconds - and the phone will restart, this should be fixed.

It works! I didnt have this problem anymore !!!!

Good luck all

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

... if you try to restart (or remove batter) the phone u will notice that this message "Saving..." will continue to be issue.
BUT if you make a hard restart (NOT RESET), for example for my Lumia 930 is Volume down + Powert - wait 10 seconds - and the phone will restart, this should be fixed. It works! I didnt have this problem anymore !!!!

Good luck all

That's named SOFT RESET ;)

aman207

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem on my 640 XL. Very frustrating, happens after maybe 3rd consecutive picture (or even at first, doesn't really matter). I really gave up on takind HDR pictures, since it always enters endless loop of SAVING. Also, phone removes some of my pictures taken recently. This has bren case for months and many builds. (I'm on Release Preview).

Does it actually remove them or does it just hide them? You might have to connect your phone to your computer and take a look. For me, they were being saved as .jpg.tmp files.

philby00

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I get this issue too. Where are the photos saved as .tmp? I have my memory card in the pc now and I can't find any .jpg.tmp or .tmp or .temp or anything. Thats about 5 or 6 photos I took yesterday just gone.

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

BUT if you make a soft reset/restart (NOT delete or reset your phone), for example for my Lumia 930 is hold & press buttons Power and Volume down - wait 10 seconds - and the phone will restart, this should be fixed.

It works! I didnt have this problem anymore !!!!

Good luck all
Thanks! Had this issue with my girlfriend's 930 and I was about to do a hard reset. This saved me a lot of work!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786