Camera hangs on Saving after taking a picture, how can I fix this?

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
We can go on like this for a while... Soft reset did fix the issue on my girlfriend's 930. A reboot didn't fix it; only a soft reset. So that's why I come to the conclusion that it works.

Where do you see me name calling? The fact that I state that you throw rubbish into the world and then blame Microsoft?
Or the fact that I think it is childish to use the "M$" abbreviation?

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
We can go on like this for a while... Soft reset did fix the issue on my girlfriend's 930. A reboot didn't fix it; only a soft reset. So that's why I come to the conclusion that it works.

Where do you see me name calling? The fact that I state that you throw rubbish into the world and then blame Microsoft?
Or the fact that I think it is childish to use the "M$" abbreviation?

Soft resetting your girl friends phone doesn't imply that the bug is gone on all other phones.

If you did some research before attacking people, you'd learn that the bug is still prevalent even after a soft reset. And I can confirm that.

And we don't blame M$, we just tell facts. Because they are the company who is responsible for such bad software quality control.

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok, here we go...

I first took a look at this thread, because my girlfriend had this issue on her Lumia 930. I had tried turning it off and on again, it didn't fix the issue. I was about to give the device a hard reset when I read someone mention the steps for a soft reset which solved the issue for him. I thought a soft reset was the same as turning it off and on again, but it isn't.
I tried it and noticed that indeed it is different, since a soft reset did fix the issue for me. That's why I wrote a brief thank you:
Thanks! Had this issue with my girlfriend's 930 and I was about to do a hard reset. This saved me a lot of work!

Then this question popped up:
Does a soft reset actually solve the problem permanently, or does the problem come back?
I answered in a descent matter:
I haven't seen it since then. But do mind: A soft reset is different from switching it off and on again
It doesn't state anywhere that this will fix it for everyone. It just states that I haven't seen it since
For some reason that triggers you to reply:
Soft reset doesn't fix it.

The only fix is using another camera app. Shame on M$.
That is just incorrect! Perhaps for YOU it doesn't fix the issue.
One solution is to use another camera app. Another solution is to do a hard reset (but you didn't care to mention that!) and for some people a soft reset is the solution.
And you also feel the need to blame Microsoft and use that (yes, I repeat) very childish abbreviation "M$". If you are that childish and someone mentions to you that there is no need to blame Microsoft and use that childish abbreviation then don't start complaining that I am "name calling"
Soft resetting your girl friends phone doesn't imply that the bug is gone on all other phones.
True. However, the fact that you are unable to fix the issue with a soft reset doesn't mean it doesn't work for other people. Still you feel the need to bluntly state: soft reset doesn't fix the issue.
If you did some research before attacking people
Where am I attacking people? If you had the decency to use decent language there is no need to complain about this.
, you'd learn that the bug is still prevalent even after a soft reset.
For some people perhaps
And I can confirm that.
The way I see things now I am starting to wonder if you know how to do a soft reset.
And we don't blame M$, we just tell facts. Because they are the company who is responsible for such bad software quality control.
Ha! Again with that childish abbreviation! Bad software quality control? How on earth can they prevent something that happens only every so often?

Currently I am really curious to know if Vincent Wassink has tried a soft reset and if it fixed the issue for him. Now I am going back to work before I start doing some actual name calling ;)

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Camera hangs on "Saving" after taking a picture

Soft Reset doesn't work. Hard reset doesn't work. No more sugar coating. After at least 10 months of this crap M$ sux.

Apple iOS10 released in a month and flawless. W10M released over a year ago and still buggy as hell.

The fact we have to use a crummy 3rd party app to avoid this bug is pitiful.
Come on, the Camera app...please.

Sent from mTalk

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Soft Reset doesn't work. Hard reset doesn't work. No more sugar coating. After at least 10 months of this crap M$ sux.

Apple iOS10 released in a month and flawless. W10M released over a year ago and still buggy as hell.

Come on, the Camera app...please.

Sent from mTalk
A hard reset doesn't work?!? So even after completely wiping your device you get this message?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

A hard reset doesn't work?!? So even after completely wiping your device you get this message?
Yes, after wasting time on another hard reset, the Camera Saving bug is still present.

The only solution i have found is to use a 3rd party app, like 1020 Camera.

It's unfathomable that the default Camera app still sux after all this time.

Sent from mTalk

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Tweet this ridiculous issue to @donasarkar

Maybe it will finally be fixed so this basic functionality for any smartphone can actually work....

Sent from mTalk

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't remember that even on the cheapest chinese Android they have this bug "cannot save photo".

Now think about it: 950 owners payed big $$ for one of the best mobile cameras on the market and then "cannot save".

M$ quality control is really dismal. Not even a 5-man hack shop would deliver this.

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember that even on the cheapest chinese Android they have this bug "cannot save photo".

Now think about it: 950 owners payed big $$ for one of the best mobile cameras on the market and then "cannot save".

M$ quality control is really dismal. Not even a 5-man hack shop would deliver this.
My sincere apologies! When you put it like that you are completely right. I am sorry, how could I have been so wrong.
I will put all of my M$ stuff on eBay today and order all Apple products instead. I am convinced this is a bug that happens to everyone and cannot be fixed with a soft reset. The other guy here and my girlfriend were just lucky and the soft reset happened to be on the same time the bug went away. No wait, most likely those sh*tholes of M$ are watching this forum and unlock this bug on every phone of all people being positive about M$ and leaving it in for people complaining!

O no....what have I done?!? Now I am on M$'s black list too!!!!

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

It's pretty clear M$ has the real talent assigned to Surface and the other profit centers, not mobile. @donasarkar , @northfacehiker and the mobile team are obviously lower on the competence scale.

It's embarrassing having a Windows phone these days, especially when you can't even do something as basic as snap photos...

Sent from mTalk

Cubacat

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking the error is somehow a corruption on the internal memory of the device. I am getting this now with my 1520 and have noticed a few glitches leading up to this save error. I shut my device off each night, next morning the rotation of the camera and photo apps no longer work until I perform a second restart.

Yesterday the phone performed an update and the Saving... issue disappeared. Next time I used it, fail again.

For my Nokia 1520 this is a disappointing outcome but for those who have the latest phones, I am really confused as my above theory doesn't make sense.

Hate the OS on Android, hate the boredom of Apple and hate the lack of apps on Windows.
Might just turn Amish. :straight:

Cubacat

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Just a quick update. Did a full HARD RESET and then selected a backup from March this year. Works well now but missing the Panoramic option of the latest Windows 10 update.

Time to load the photos and stuff back. Still, had all this drama back in my Android days.

dnleo

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site

I wanted to try to stay away from doing a reset, but I will eventually.
I noticed that the pictures are actually saved on the SD card, its just saved as a ".jpg.tmp" file. If I delete this file or rename it, the "saving" still shows on the camera.

Set new camera pictures save on this device. It no no longer takes a year to save hdr pictures.

dnleo

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
I fixed my issue by setting pictures to save on this device instead of the SD card. HDR pictures will no longer take forever to save.

angel1998

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Well I'm having similar problem but when I take up to 3 pictures simultaneously! After 3 pictures it will stuck on saving as you saying or and when I take up 3 pictures with HDR on, it will stuck again!
The only solution to disappear saving for me personally is to restart... After the restart is done everything is back to normal!! I hope this helped you a little bit! 🙂🙂
Also for a temporary fix, move the saving location pictures in internal memory and not in SD card!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven